Chapter 144 - The Frozen Land (3)

The Frozen Land (3)

8.

An accident can happen in an instant.

“I accept the guild war!”

Natal was thinking hard to find out Hyrkan's hidden intent.  The rest of the guild members felt nervous and threatened by Hyrkan's confidence, which bordered on being arrogant.  Apollo didn't bother to think.  He felt numb, and he immediately spat out the emotion he was feeling with his words.

“Attack!”

He let out a shout of determination, but there was no substance behind it.  Apollo's shout was met with a more colder reaction than the blizzard surrounding them.  Apollo felt desolate, and this feeling of desolation lasted a quite a long time.

Apollo felt taken aback after he spoke those words.  Of course, Apollo wasn't taken aback, because he realized he had a mistake.

‘Why aren't they moving?’

He had given an order, yet no one was doing anything.  This was why he was taken aback.

“I accept the guild war.”

With those words, Hyrkan opened his arms wide.

‘Yes, Apollo.  I put my trust in you.’

Hyrkan had opened his two arms wide, and he felt like giving a big hug to the the corpulent body of Apollo.

From the perspective of the Big Smiles’ guild members, they could see the armor beneath Hyrkan's white leather fur coat when he spread his arm wide.

Gulp!

Someone swallowed their spit.

It was the armor worn by the White-eyed Knight Argardo, who had terrorized everyone in the great battle.  There was no way they could mistake it for some other armor.  There was a black colored blot that moved atop the silver armor like a living carp.  There was only one such armor in all of Warlord.

Of course, the sword sheath attached to the armor probably held Argardo's sword.  It was probably the Crying Sword.

These facts in itself gave them a feeling of intense pressure.  The Big Smiles guild members felt overwhelmed, and it started causing them to feel fear.

‘It brings up a bad memory.’

‘Shit.  That Item setting is a cheat.’

The Big Smiles guild had also faced Argardo.  Most of the members gathered here had participated in the battle with Argardo.  None of them directly fought Argardo, but they had seen, felt and heard Argardo's imposing presence.

The Hahoe Mask was wearing Argardo's armor…….

‘I don't want to fight him.’

‘The first ones to attack him will all die.’

Hyrkan was a monster that was much more scarier than most large sized Boss Monsters.  How many Users in Warlord would be able to attack Hyrkan unhesitatingly?  Moreover, a sacrificial lamb was need in any action they took.  No one wanted to volunteer themselves to become the sacrificial lamb.

If one wanted a sacrificial lamb to step forward, one needed leadership and charisma.  The leader needed respect from his men.  Apollo had none of these traits. 

‘They won't attack me?’

At that moment, Hyrkan looked at the frozen Big Smiles guild members, and he turned his back on them.