Chapter 141 - Across the Terube Castle Wall (2)

Across the Terube Castle Wall (2)

4.

- How's the battle going?

“It’s been very rough.”

- How's the Quest progress?

“We haven’t had the luxury to assess the Quest progress.”

- I guess the difficulty is higher than expected?

“Yes.”

- Did you gain anything? 

Natal, who had been having a conversation with the First Head, turned his head.  The corpses of the monsters came into view.

They hadn't butchered it yet, so the corpses hadn't melted like ice cream.  They still maintained their original form.  There were a lot of variety of monster corpses.  At a glance, he could see 7 types of monsters.  It was hard to find any common characteristics between them.  They were all distinct.

The most eye-catching one was the giant that was almost 5 meters tall.  It had a single eye, and its skull was shaped like the head of a hammer.  It looked bizarre.

The next monster that caught his eye was a 2 meter tall monkey that had a paper thin body.  Its body looked so skinny that it was reminiscent of a wooden branch.  Moreover, if one touched its skin, one wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between the texture of its skin and a tree.

Then there was a beautiful looking monster that was a stark contrast to previous bizarre looking monsters.

It gave off a brilliant feeling like a crystal.  Its claws were crescent-shaped, and it was 2 meters long with white fur.  It didn't look like a monster.  Instead, it looked like a animal that appeared in myths and legends.

Natal looked over the corpses, and he opened his mouth.

“I did.”

Of course, these different types of monsters hadn't attack them all at the same time.  The monsters each attacked on their own, and they had just gathered the corpses to one side.

The reason behind this was obvious.  It was for research.

- Should I expect anything?

It was the basic of basics to research about a new monster.  A proper video showing how to defeat these monsters had immediately monetary value.  It could be exploited.  This was especially true for the Hydra guild, since they used information as a weapon.  Their ability to gather data was peerless.

This was why Natal was careful in answering the First Head's question.

“You should both anticipate and worry about the result.”

- That's an interesting answer.

Interesting……  It basically meant he wanted an additional explanation.

At that moment, Natal re-winded his memory a little further back.  He thought about the time when he decided to investigate the Northland.

It was the end of the Immoral Prince, and the interest of the Users naturally shifted to the third Main Scenario Quest. 

Where was the starting point of the third Main Scenario Quest?

North, South, East and West. 

It'll be located in one of those directions.

Hyrdra guild decided to focus on two directions. They went North and East.

However, the North held more significance since the Northland was located there.  It had been the territory ruled by Prince Dean.  If Prince Dean gained power away from the eyes of others, there was a very high possibility that he gained it in Northland where he had been in charge.