Chapter 104- There is No Free Lunch (1).

There is No Free Lunch (1)

In Warlord, one could transfer an Item from acquired watch through the fence NPC.

Of course, the fence NPC was located in a neighborhood with a menacing atmosphere.  It was common to see Users, who lost tehir items through PK, to stake out near the fence NPC. This was why sometimes one might meet one’s enemies near the fence.

Of course, fights didn't occur around the NPC.  There was a tacit agreement that forbid PK near the fence.  If one broke this unwritten rule, the User would suffer much more damage than actually losing a single watch.

This was the reason why everyone kept their manners.  The only thing they could do was glare at other Users with murderous intent.  This worsened the menacing atmosphere around the fence. There was a saying in Warlord that said, 'If you want to experience an intense atmosphere, go near a fence instead of going to a Boss Raid!'

“My commission is 1 gold..”

In such a rough atmosphere, those who can't keep their cool became the prey.

Hyrkan knew this better than anyone.  However, Hyrkan’s expression indicated otherwise.

“The commission fee is 1 gold. Are you perhaps trying to cheat me out of my commission?”

The fence NPC continued to speak in a threatening manner.  As if he finally came to his senses, Hyrkan put his hand into his pocket.  When Hyrkan finally took out a coin, Hyrkan's expression changed. It was as if he had a couple screws loose. He had a silly smile on his face.

In the end, Hyrkan handed over the gold coin to the fence.

“Huh?”

The coin wasn't engraved with the number one.  It had the number 10 imprinted on it.

It was worth 10 gold.

This wasn't a small amount of money.  In real money, it was worth around 100 dollars. No one in the right mind would pay 100 dollars for a 10 dollar service.  Moreover, this fence NPC didn't give back change.

Didn't Hyrkan put his life on the line for .1 gold before?

Something extraordinary was going on here.

“My commission is one gold.”

This was something that could be corrected immediately.

“It's a tip.”

However, Hyrkan left the 10 gold in place.  He immediately left after taking the Item.

The fence looked at Hyrkan with its head tilted in confusion.  The fence NPC didn't chase after a User if they overpaid. This scenario hadn't been programmed.

The fence's expression immediately reverted to its normal expression, and it got ready for the new customer.

[Helm Imbued with the Greenstone Imoogi's Soul]

*Main Properties

- Unique-rank Item

- Strength +144

- Stamina +144

- Required Level : 150

*Sub-properties

- The Wearer's Stamina recovery speed is increased by 5%

- If one equips set items‘Imbued with the Greenstone Imoogi's Soul’, class-specific stat increases