Chapter 156 - Heard Fortress (1)

Heard Fortress (1)

1.

Treasure Hunt.

If Hyrkan wanted to give the shortest summary of the Ruined Kingdom episode, Hyrkan wouldn't hesitate to call it a treasure hunt.

All the tasks the Users had to do in the Ruined Kingdom episode fell into the purview of finding treasures.

There were treasures hidden.  The Users had to find the clues to find these treasure.  When one found the clues, one had to go to where the treasures were located at.  Moreover, as one heads towards the location, monsters crowded the roads to interfere with the treasure hunt.

In this episode, Warlord used a method that a lot of games used.  Warlord had added a setting that made this episode more like a traditional game.

The Ruined Kingdom was located in the Black Continent, and the User would gain a Quest in this land.  When the User starts heading towards the destination, the game was set to increase the number of monsters on the road!  It increased the overall number, and it also increased the regen speed.  This in turn increased the number of monsters regenerating.

‘They didn't change this setting at all.’

Hyrkan was able to confirm his suspicion when he saw the 3 Voodoo Lizardmen block his path.  They had summoned thirty Zombie monsters.

‘It is exactly 1.5 times more.’

After he entered the Black Continent, he had faced numerous Voodoo Lizardmen in succession.  During that period of time, most of the Voodoo Lizardmen operated on their own.  At most, they worked as a duo.  Moreover, each Voodoo Lizardmen were able to summon up to 7 Zombies.

However, three Voodoo Lizardmen had appeared right now, and each of them had summoned 10 Zombies each.

‘This game is so shitty sometimes.’

The content of the Ruined Kingdom was entirely different from the past, but the setting of the game was identical to the past.  He let out a bitter laugh, and the sound of him grinding his teeth could be heard between his laugh.

However, he was able put aside his feelings for the battle.  Hyrkan was able to unhesitatingly immerse himself in battle.  He did it in a very natural, proficient, and calm manner.

Ddahk ddahk!

Hyrkan had already summoned two Skeleton Knights, and he gave the order for battle. The Skeleton Knights were facing overwhelming number of foes, but they didn't hesitate.  They threw their bodies towards the 30 Zombies.

Shweeeek!

The Skeleton Knights swung their swords.   A sharp sound emanated as each sword stroke severed various parts of the Zombies.

Chul-puh-duhk!

The severed parts sloughed off like mud.  Moreover, the stumps were quickly regenerating the missing part.

Ooh-uh-uh!

The Zombies shuffled forward as they let out a cry.  It was hard to discern if they were crying or screaming.

The Voodoo Lizardmen kept shaking their staffs as they danced.  It was as if they were cheering on the Zombies.

Ggi-ee! Ggi-ee!

Sometimes they even let out a weird cry as they looked at the sky.

Hyrkan threw Skeleton Fragments towards them.