Chapter 4 : A Class You Can Play Alone (2).

Most men fell into a bit of narcissism, looking at themselves in the mirror after showers. It was a strange, unfortunate, and rather sad habit of the male species.

But An Jaehyun detested looking at mirrors. He didn’t have any particularly handsome feature, and he couldn’t even look at the mirror without his thick glasses.

But at the moment, An Jaehyun was staring into the mirror with a big smile on his face.

It wasn’t an ordinary smile.

Grin!

It was a refreshing smile. It may look odd to others, but An Jaehyun was doing his best to make his smile look as clear as possible. Looking into the mirror, An Jaehyun spoke to himself.

“You unlucky bastard,” he criticized himself.

But while criticizing himself, An Jaehyun didn’t lose the smile on his face. In fact, he made an even happier smile.

‘Yep, you really had an unlucky life.’

An Jaehyun once again recalled the last moment of his life.

It was a car accident. After he bought a lottery ticket, he resolved his mind for a new start. That was when a truck hit the bus station and crushed An Jaehyun with it. He couldn’t even feel any pain as he died instantaneously. He was thinking ‘Ah!’ as he was hit, and when he opened his eyes again, he was back in January 1st, 2036.

‘I knew I was unlucky, but come on, a car accident? Just how unlucky was I?’

It was a time when vehicles had built-in autonomous navigation system designed specifically to prevent car accidents. It goes without saying that An Jaehyun was extremely unlucky to have died from a car accident.

But as of now, his unlucky life had never happened.

‘Yep, you lived one really unlucky life.’

“So it’s time to live a lucky one.”

He had returned to the past.

There was no penalty. His memory, body, and thought process were all perfectly fine. He was disappointed that he didn’t gain a superpower, but he was nonetheless satisfied. What was so important was that something that would only happen in movies and novels happened to him. It meant that he became a main character, since obviously a side character wouldn’t be sent back in time.

An Jaehyun didn’t think too much into his situation.

It was a common cliché. An Jaehyun didn’t stop to think whether he was dreaming, or whether he had been dreaming a long dream all this time. He also didn’t think about the butterfly effect his return would have on the world. He found it useless to bother with anything that wouldn’t make him money.

There was only one important thing to him right now.

‘I’ll hit it big with Warlord this time.’

Just that.

He knew Warlord was the only way for him to change his miserable life. An Jaehyun in real life was a dispensable, minimum-wage slave, but in Warlord, he was the Hero Slaughterer, a character worth an immense amount of money and capable of slaying any foolish challengers.

In other words, what was important to An Jaehyun were the tools he needed to achieve success.

‘The date is January 1st.’

He needed to first understand the situation.

The current date was January1st, 2036, 1:22 P.M. to be exact.