Chapter 99 - Cursed Domain (3).

Cursed Domain (3)

A Weapon Werewolf was in three pieces as the corpse was broken and mangled on the ground.

The User, who had been looking at the corpse, whipped his head around.  He spoke towards a Magician teammate.

“If you throw magic around like that next time, I'm going to declare a PK match against you.”

“I...I'm sorry.”

The conversation was too brusque and one-sided to call it a conversation between comrades.  It was beyond a warning. He had basically delivered a threat.  When Zeet received the warning, he immediately apologized instead of getting mad.

‘His temperament is entirely different from his appearance.’

In truth, it was a reaction that didn't match Zeet's personality.  It wasn't as if Zeet's personality was dirty or ill-tempered. Still, he was more rowdy than he was quiet.

His personality had been the reason why he had gotten into a conflict with the Swing Guild.  If Zeet had kept quiet when he had minor or emotional disagreements, he wouldn't have heard words like 'You better watch out next time you go for a hunt, you son of a bitch!'

However, Zeet had killed his temper for now, and he was deferring to his new partner.  The reason was simple.

‘……his skills are killer.’

His current partner was incredibly skilled.

Truthfully, Zeet was having a hard time believing his current situation.

If he was a normal User, he wouldn't have even offered up a 'I'm sorry'.  He would have just turned his head away, but he needed to show sincere concern for this particular partner.

In truth, Zeet had thought his partner was in the category of the unskilled Users.  The skilled Users weren’t usually interested in what he had to offer. This User seemed to operating on his own, so Zeet thought the User was like a roaming duckweed.  He thought this User was like him.

How could Zeet have guessed that this User was so skilled?

“There is one more coming.  I'll block it.  When it turns it back to you, you should immediately use your magic.”

“Understood.”

Zeet was able to move around much faster as he searched for the Blackened Remains.  It was thanks to his skilled partner.

“Be sure of yourself when you throw it. Your timing will be way off if you hesitate like that.”

“I know.  I'm sorry.  It was a mistake.”

Of course, a skilled partner would require others to be at their best, but it was something Zeet was willing to put up with.

“If the Quest is completed and the Block Field isn't dispelled, your life...”

“What? What did you just say?”

“Ah, this is just me talking to myself.  I'm just talking to myself.”

“Wasn't your words too clear for it to be you talking to yourself?”

“So are you saying you want to hold a grudge against me?”

“Ah, no.  Ah!  It's the werewolf!  I'll start my Casting!”

Sometimes his more skilled partner would joke around.  His words were frightening, but Zeet was sure they were jokes.  At the very least, Zeet decided to think of it like that.