Chapter 9 : Dancing with the Skeletons (2).

Class Tower.

It was the place to obtain the basic classes, and also the place to periodically obtain information on skill books. At the same time, it was a meeting point where players who shared the same class gathered.

As a result, no matter which castle one visited, the Class Tower would be surrounded by many people.

As always, greed lurked around a place filled with people.

There were people with different purposes near Class Towers. The most prevalent were scouts.

“We’re recruiting fire or ice-attributed magicians!”

“Aran Guild is recruiting curse magicians. We’ll fully support you to level 50.”

Scouts near Class Towers all had the purpose of recruiting new players.

Warlord was an immensely popular game. Within a year after its launch in 2035, over a million players had joined, and the number was growing by thousands every day.

However, Warlord also had a lot of manpower shortages. Many often said there weren’t enough people.

The biggest reason for this was that there weren’t any casual players. Gamers were usually distinguished as being either hardcore or casual. This was because most games were free-to-play, and players could pay money to obtain advantages. But Warlord wasn’t free-to-play. It wasn’t even cheap enough for someone to try the game on a whim.

So most players started Warlord with a clear aim. In other words, they had plans of their own. Even if one tried to recruit others, most were already part of a group.

Another problem was that players needed auxiliary help to participate in Warlord’s main content – raids. Magicians were especially sought after in this aspect. Magicians could receive up to a 200% damage advantage depending on their magic attribute compatibility. They could also receive an equivalent penalty if their magic attribute was incompatible. Because of this, it was important to recruit skilled magicians of different attributes.

Obviously, it was extremely difficult to recruit skilled, well-known, and high-leveled magicians.

If you couldn’t recruit one, you just had to make one!

It was much more efficient to recruit new players and raise them to be the type of magicians one wanted. Of course, even if one touts on the street to recruit newbies, often one wouldn’t be successful. Even so, it was much better than posting some recruitment post on an online forum. It made sense that talking directly in game would show more results.

However, after being unsuccessful for a long time, there were those who became frustrated.

Those who already had decent levels and played for some time didn’t like being so subservient just to recruit newbies who had just started playing.

Thus, sometimes things got a little rough.

“Hey, you! Wait a moment!”

Now was such a case.

A player who had been recruiting guild members suddenly called out and grabbed the left wrist of a player about to enter the Magician’s Tower. He held the player’s wrist tightly to prevent him from getting away.

“You’re a new player, right? Hear me out for a bit.”

Saying this, a player named Suduri stared at the newbie in front of him.

The newbie’s appearance wasn’t anything special, but Suduri had a gut feeling the moment he saw him. A feeling that said, ‘this guy’s a loser!’