Chapter 10 : Dancing with the Skeletons (3).

Over 50 percent of Warlord players chose to become magicians.

Magicians were surprisingly easy for beginners to play. Unlike swordsmen that had to face frightening monsters head on, magicians just had to hit their spells from the back. If they knew when and how to run away, it was perfect.

Magicians were popular and as popular as they were the demand for them was high as well.

It was a class only possible in virtual reality games, using magic itself was romance for many people.

As a result, many pondered over their first magic skill. This looked good, that looked good… even the ones who had made a decision beforehand hesitated after seeing various skill books.

But for Hyrkan, it was different.

After entering the 3rd room and finding the skill he wanted, he turned around and left without looking back.

He had no hesitation.

He didn’t have a choice. The start of the necromancer skill tree was the Skeleton Fragment skill. It was a necessary skill to obtain higher-tier skills, and it was a skill all necromancers continually used even after obtaining high-tier skills.

‘It’s nice that I don’t have to think much about it.’

After coming out of the room, Hyrkan immediately activated the skill book. Learning skills from skill books was simple. There was a palm-shaped picture on the cover of skill books. After placing one’s left hand palm on top, a hologram window popped up from the watch.

[Would you like to learn the skill, Skeleton Fragment?]

After pressing yes, one immediately learned the skill.

[You have learned the skill, Skeleton Fragment.]

[You have obtained the title, ‘A Simple Necromancer.’]

At the same time, Hyrkan obtained a title. Immediately afterwards, Hyrkan threw away the skill book in his hand on the ground. A good thing about Warlord was that one could throw away trash anywhere at any time.

Then, Hyrkan checked his Skeleton Fragment skill.

[Skeleton Fragment]

-Proficiency: F rank

-Number of skeletons able to be summoned: Warrior (1)

-Skill description: You can create a skeleton fragment. If you imbue magic power into the fragment, you can control the summoned skeleton underling.

It was a typical explanation.

“Skeleton Fragment.”

Hyrkan immediately activated the skill.

[If you use the skill without an offering, you can only create basic-type fragments.]

With a short alert, a finger-sized skeleton fragment materialized on Hyrkan’s palm. The skeleton fragment looked more like a phone accessory than anything else.

Hyrkan tightly gripped the skeleton fragment.

‘What’s important is this guy’s Combat AI.’

The stats of skeleton underlings changed depending on the cores used as an offering. This part could be covered with sufficient funding, but the Combat AI was something money couldn’t help.

According to Hyrkan’s research, the Combat AI of player-summoned monsters wasn’t all that good. Instead, the monsters have the ability to learn. They can improve through numerous battles, developing their own Combat AI. It made sense. If a skeleton a level 1 player summoned had the same battle sense as a level 300 ranker, everyone would be playing necromancer.