Chapter 129 - Agardo Raid (4)

Agardo Raid (4)

13.

Hyrkan looked forward through the small slits on the Hahoe Mask.

Argardo.

Before he returned to the past, he had only been able to see Argardo through videoes. The White-eyed Knight looked awe-inspiring as it looked at Hyrkan.  Hyrkan also looked awe-inspiring as he looked at the White-eyed knight.

He had always wanted to create this scene.

Hyrkan wanted to be the only one fighting against Argardo. He had dreamed about getting all the glory and benefits from this fight.

However...

‘Shit.’

He had achieved what he had always wanted, yet Hyrkan wasn't feeling that great.

Was he feeling  the pressure of meeting an indescribably powerful enemy?  Of course not.

If he was someone that wilted under pressure, he wouldn't have sought out the Red Bulls guild to set up a 1on1 stage.

He liked this stage.  It didn't matter if he won or lost.  This was the stage he had always pined for.

What he didn't like was the path he had to take to get to this stage.

Chev had given Hyrkan a proposal as they shook hands.  Instead of a 1on1 battle, he wanted Hyrkan to work together with them on the Argardo Raid.  It was a very reasonable and logical proposal.

However, when he received that proposal, his worthless pride that he had wanted to protect cracked.

‘My pride really isn't worth anything, but I can't bring myself to do that.’

One could call it a moral victory. Maybe it was a form of self-pity.  He couldn't dispute it if someone said his reasonings were fallacious. 

However, Hyrkan wanted to fight Argardo by himself.  He didn't want any help from one of the 30 great guilds during the battle.

‘If I get beat, then it was meant to be.  It was fated.’

The death would be his comeuppance, yet at the same time, it would feel lame if he died. Since he had reached this point, he had to win. He had to make a pathetic deal to be able to get on this stage, yet if he couldn't do anything here, the embarrassment he would feel wouldn’t allow him to put on his Hahoe Mask again.

“Hoo-ooh!”

In an instant, Hyrkan swallowed all the emotions he felt.

It was time to focus on the battle.

The opponent in front of his eyes was the second strongest NPC one could fight right now.  The first was the Blacksmith Olf.

With such an enemy in front of him, he wouldn't let the idle thoughts and remorse shackle his ankles.

Hyrkan pulled out his sword.  If one pulled out one's sword in front of a knight, it disclosed one's hostility towards the knight.

Argardo didn't have to unsheathe its sword, so it immediately closed the distance between it and Hyrkan.

Kah-ahng!

The sound of a harsh clanging of metal rang out.  It was the first greeting between the two.

Then the greeting continued.

The sound of steel and bodies hitting each other was heard.  At time, there was the sound of the air being split, but it was mostly a sound induced by Argardo on purpose.  For the most part, Hyrkan didn't dodge the attacks.  He met them head on. There was a great amount of force felt by Hyrkan every time they clashed.  However, it wasn't as if there wasn't an underlying reason why he was doing this.