Chapter 91 Elf's Keepsake (1).

Elf’s Keepsake (1)

1.

- Hahoe Mask! What the hell are you doing?

The voice rang in his ear, but Hyrkan ignored it.  He was focused solely on one thing.  He concentrated on the being with pointy ears, who was running away with great agility.

- Hahoe Mask!

As if he was trying to interfere with Hyrkan, Pelato kept yelling out his name.  In the end, Hyrkan spoke in a low voice as if he was mumbling.

“Hey, you aren't in a position to yell at me.  Just clean up the situation over there for now.”

- What? What are you talking about?

Hyrkan's words were short on explanation.  Pelato had a very natural reaction.

However, Hyrkan didn't have the time to give a long explanation.  Moreover, there was no reason to.  He wasn't required to do so.

“If you don't like that option, I can reveal how you tried to fuck me over after being hired by the Apollo guild.  Why don't you think about what would occur if that happens?”

Pelato finally closed his mouth.  Silence finally descended upon Hyrkan, and he once again put in all his effort to chase after the Elf.

The Elf was much slower than he thought it would be.  The really swift Elves were impossible for users to follow in the forest.  Hyrkan had prior experience in chasing after Elves, so he was well aware of this fact.

Hyrkan had a hunch.

‘It wants to be caught.’

Warlord was cooperating with him, so he could smoothly progress in his Quest.  It was very rare to receive cooperation from the game, since Warlord was usually an inhospitable game.

Of course, Hyrkan wasn't going to refuse the help. This kind of cooperation from the game was rare.  If he refused such help here, a chance like this would never present itself to him again.

Still, it wasn't an easy task to catch the Elf.  An average user would never be able to catch it.  The speed wasn't the problem.  The problem was the location.  When one ran full force inside a forest,  it was like running an obstacle course with a blindfold on.

‘All right.  I'll catch you.’

Hyrkan was experienced in running away from various people for his survival, so this wasn't a problem for him.

The distance between the two was steadily getting narrower. 

Of course, the Elf realized this fact, and it suddenly turned its head.  This was the first time Hyrkan had seen this Elf's face.

‘I knew it.’

The escaping elf's face was different from the faces of Elves he had seen before. There was a black tattoo on his face…… No, it looked more like a scar than a wound, and there was something black within it.  The sense of beauty one felt when seeing an Elf couldn't be felt from this one.

Still, the Elf's eyes were striking.  The Elves usually had emerald colored eyes, but its eyes were dyed black now.  The contrast was too stark.

He knew the definition of the word, but this sight made him clearly feel what the word, Corrupted, meant.

It also meant he had gotten close enough to be able to confirm the color of its eyes.

If things progressed along this line, Hyrkan would catch the Elf.  This was Hyrkan's intention and choice.