Chapter 121 - Bad Ending? (2)

Bad Ending? (2)

5.

- Another castle fell.  What number is that one?

- I don't care.  It is already in ruins.  No matter what we do there isn't an answer.  This great battle is a bug!

- I feel the same way. The great battle is a completely trash of a quest.  The difficulty is too high!

It was the 10 days after the great battle had started.

Everyone thought the great battle would be a festival, but it had been a complete disaster from the start. This situation was akin to a drunk host showing up at a much anticipated party.  Moreover, as the host was carrying out his duties, he threw up.  This was that level of a disaster. 

Every one of the battles fought by the Users had resulted in a defeat.  The results were so sorry that it was hard to call it a war between the Users and the Corrupted army.  The Users were losing in a very overwhelming fashion.

Of course, a stumble may prevent a fall.  In a war, victories and defeats were inevitable.  However, if one saw the the progress of the battles live, one wouldn't dare utter such a proverb.

- This isn't about the high difficulty.  The Users are just dumb.  Shouldn't the blame for the losses be more on the Users?

- I feel the same way.  I can overlook the fact that they aren't in sync.  However, they are fighting with allies when the enemies are right in front of them.  Their actions doesn't make any sense. This is quite a mess.

This was how underwhelming the sight of the Users fighting against the Corrupted army was.  It was well below expectation. No, this was beyond being below expectation.  It almost defied common sense.

- Mess? Maybe you should try fighting them yourself! Do you really think you'll do any better?

- You bastards don't even know how to play this game.  Why don't you guys come over and participate?

- It is a mess! The heavyweight like the Hahoe Mask is putting up a proper fight!

- Aren't the Fighters guild doing well too? Whistling Pitbull is doing especially well. He still had the skills he displayed in his earlier fame.  No, he looks to be much scarier than before.

- There is a team made by Users, and aren't they doing well?  Their name is Kiyo or whatever.  In truth, we are in this predicament, because of the regular Users.  Those who were good at this game are continuing to excel in this game.

Of course, not everyone was failing in the great battle.

Heroes always appeared in the times of turbulence.  After the initial confusion, the turbulence allowed Users to distinguish themselves. Some Users were shining brighter than ever.

- Anyways, Hahoe Mask is the best.

- I'll accept that.

Amongst the bright stars, the star called the Hahoe Mask shone the brightest.

- Even as the castle was falling, he was able to taken down several hundred monsters before he escaped.  At the very least, everyone should show that level of spirit.

- If there were 10 Hahoe Masks, there’s no way a castle would fall.

Hahoe Mask's performance was so bright that it was hard to put it into words.

Moreover, his actions were always a bit more dramatic.  He wasn't like the undisciplined mob fighting outside of the castle.  He started fighting the moment when the monsters entered the castle.