Chapter 148 - Ancient Power (1)

Ancient Power (1)

1.

Hyrkan was holding onto a bone that was the size of a pencil.  It started to expand to fill his hand.  He shook his wrist as he held onto the thickened bone, and the bone immediately enlarged into a large spear.

“Hoo-ooh!”

After taking a short breath, Hyrkan got into his stance.

Javelin Throw.

He was aiming for an enemy that was very far away, so this was harder than it looked.

‘Hoo-ooh!’

The distance wasn't a problem.  The problem was the fine control that was needed to do it.  Moreover, there were external factors that interfered with his concentration.

There was a fierce battle going on in front of Hyrkan's eyes.  At times, the battle came right up to his nose.

The Cursed slaves controlled by the Frost Knight was trying to break through the Skeleton Warriors to get to him.  The Skeleton Warriors were trying to protect its master.  The Skeleton Warriors got in the way as they fought the enemies that was trying to make a path towards Hyrkan.

Kah-ahng!

The rough sounds of steel clashing was an evidence of this fierce fight. 

Kwah-jeek.

The sound of flesh, armor and bones being crushed didn't show any signs of dying down.

Koohng!

Whenever some large monster fell, a large sound was made, and it shook all the beings that had their feet on the battlefield.

Moreover, at times, some monsters got through the Skeleton Warriors. This was what had happened right now.  A monster eventually had gotten past the efforts of the Skeleton Warriors.  A monster with frozen arms was attacking Hyrkan.  It had its arm, which was as sharp as a sword, up in the air as it approached Hyrkan. 

As this was happening, Hyrkan had to aim and hit his target.  It wasn't an easy task.

It shouldn't have been easy....

Shoong!

However, Hyrkan did it too easily.  He did it effortlessly.  The Cursed slave, which had bypassed the Skeleton Warriors, had almost reached him, yet Hyrkan had accomplished his task.  He had true in his aim as he hurled the javelin.

Shweeeek!

The spear didn't fly in an arc.  It traveled in a straight line.

At the same time as he threw his spear, he took a step forward as if he had intended to do it.

He shortened the distance with the Frozen Orc that was rushing him.

The gap had closed much quicker by him, and the Frozen Orc didn't hesitate to swing its arm towards Hyrkan's head.  Hyrkan easily dodged the attack by lowering his head.

Puhk!

Then he lightly stuck out his foot to trip the Frozen Orc.

Koo-oohng!

The Frozen Orc fell forward, and it didn't even have the chance to turn its body around to look up at the sky.

Choo-roong!

The Crying Sword had severed its head with a single strike.  The severed head rolled away.

Bbuh-uhng!