Chapter 88 Corrupted Elf (2).

Corrupted Elf (2)

4.

Hyrkan looked at the Red Lake in front of his eyes.

If he calculated the size of the lake, it would be around 30 pyeong.

It wasn't small, but one couldn't call it large either. Instead of a lake, it was closer to a collection of ponds.

The water that filled the lake to the brim was red like its name indicated. However, this red color didn't give off an ominous feeling. The water gave off a feeling as if it would taste like a sour fruit if one drank it.

Hyrkan squatted in front of the lake. He cupped his hands, and he gathered the water into his mouth. It tasted like an unripe fruit. A slight tanginess and a fresh bitterness swirled around inside his mouth.

‘It's been awhile since I've tasted this.’

Of course, it wasn't tasty.

No one would search this place out to come taste this water.

It tasted like soju to Hyrkan. It wasn't tasty. However, when he drank it, the taste reminded him of something.

For a brief moment, Hyrkan soaked in his memories.

‘This is the place where I refined my basic skills. I was able to confirm my potential here and it allowed me to have a dream.’

In the initial phase of forming the Hahoe Mask guild, they were extremely poor. Everyone didn't have money, so they equipped lower level items or even the normal Rank items. Since their item specs were lacking, it had been really hard to hunt.

There were times when they located monster corpses that were thrown away because users were lazy to butcher the corpses or they were left behind for some other reason. Sometimes, that would be the only time they felt pleasure.

They ignored the Quests; they didn't even dream about getting titles. They focused on hunting to level up as fast as they could.

The Hahoe Mask Guild had gone through considerable amount of difficulties, but they were able to reach level 100. After going through their Advancement, they were ready to begin Raiding in earnest. With that in mind, they had come to the Red Lake to train.

This was where he had seen the possibilities.

Hyrkan had shown his potential and the confidence that he could do this was gained here! He wouldn't be the best, but he was confident he could get the job done. Hyrkan's presence gave confidence to the Hahoe Mask guild. It also bolstered his own confidence. He was able to see his own potential.

‘Hmmm.’

Now it was all just bitter memories.

Hyrkan shook the remaining lake water off his hands. Hyrkan stood up and raised his gaze.

Hyrkan's eyes already picked up something moving underwater towards him from the distance.

‘It's already here.’

Hyrkan was standing next to the lake. This was where monsters came to sate their thirst.

All the monsters living at the Red Lake had the habit of drinking from this lake.

This was why they made the lake their territory. The Red Lake had several dozen pond sized lakes like the one in front of him. If a user wanted to hunt here, each of these lakes were a stage set up for the users.

Currently, the one coming towards him were Hyrkan's monster.

Of course, Hyrkan got ready to greet to it. Hyrkan picked an underling that will greet it.