Chapter 179 - Hero Slaughterer (2)

Hero Slaughterer (2)

5.

Heaven helps those who helps themselves.

'As expected, the surest way to accomplish something is to have the heavens on my side.'

This idiom was like an immutable truth to Heh-bibin, and he felt the meaning of the words in his bones.

'I never expected this to work out so well.'

The Big Smiles guild members attacked and killed Whistling, who had been hunting inside the Highwood Forest. 

It was done openly, so no one could deny it had happened.  They were very thorough in eliminating the Pitbull.

If one looked at it form a gains and losses perspective, one would have a hard time saying the Big Smiles guild had gained anything from this.

The immediate concern for the guild was to come up with a method to deal with the Hydra guild.  It would be great if it ended in a war of words, but if the problem worsened, they might have to prepare for a war.  The act of killing Pitbull had angered the Hydra guild.  Nothing profitable would come from facing a red-faced opponent.

However, a significant number of Big Smiles guild members were supportive of the Users, who had cost the bottomline of Big Smiles guild.  They had cheered at learning the decision, action and the execution that had went into killing Pitbull.

Moreover, the ones that participated in the hunt of Pitbull didn’t hide their actions.  They were  unapologetic.

"Whistling hunted in a Big Smiles guild territory without our permission.  He is basically a thief.  I just chased out a thief from my house."

"We’d rather have people curse at Big Smiles guild rather than the guild being the butt of everyone’s joke.”

"We willingly accept any punishment from the guild.  However, we don’t think we did anything wrong."

There had been 11 of them.

Eleven members had participated in the Pitbull hunt, and they had achieved hero status for their actions amongst the normal Big Smiles guild members.

‘Still, I never expected the discontent amongst the members to be this high.'

Basically, the discontent within the guild had reached a boiling point.

After Sinclair’s exploits, the Big Smiles guild’s standing kept increasing.  When they started out at the Black Continent, the Five Stars threatened the name of Top Three.  The Big Smiles guild was one of the pillars of this organization.

At the time, Big Smiles’ live channel increased in viewership, and they had reached new highs in terms of profits from the sponsors.  It was the proof of their success.

However, after Hahoe Mask’s Anugas Raid, Big Smiles guild’s standing started to drop.  Now their standings wasn’t so different from what it was before they joined the Five Stars guild. 

This damaging result accelerated when the Highwood Forest, which was the main hunting ground of the Big Smiles guild, was allowed to become the playground of the Hahoe Mask.

There had been side effects to the Hahoe Mask’s actions.  It was getting harder to control their hunting ground.  Other Users were starting to follow after the Hahoe Mask’s actions.  The Big Smiles guild started becoming an entity no one feared.

'The only thing left is to see what the Hydra guild chooses to do.'

The discontent was simmering to a boiling point.