Chapter 7 : Secret of the Expert (2).

Every time An Jaehyun swiped his card, the old-style watch on his wrist vibrated.

‘The money I bet my life on is gone after just two swipes…’

To An Jaehyun, the vibration felt like the watch writhing in pain.

‘Whatever. I’ll show the world what it means to earn and spend money like a king.’

While An Jaehyun was forming a new resolution in his mind, the employee finished reading over the contract and began explaining the final procedure.

“We’ll deliver the V-Gear to your home at your convenient time. What would you like to do for the detailed settings? Would you like to do it here, or at home?”

Detailed setting.

It was the process of adjusting the V-Gear’s numerous options to match the user.

It was a rather important process, as important as tuning for instruments. The difference between having it done and not having it done was huge. Rankers, whose lives depended on the 1 or 2% difference, were especially careful about the settings. As a result, top ranking player often did their settings on their own. Of course, it was the case for An Jaehyun as well.

“I’ll do it here.”

Even so, there was no need to do the entire setting by himself. After roughly setting it up here, An Jaehyun planned on personalizing it as he used it.

The employee nodded his head.

“I’ll call the programmer, please wait.”

★★★

A programmer, who was furiously typing on his laptop, released his hand. Connected to the laptop was an emerald-colored V-Gear.

“Shit, what’s wrong here?”

“What now?”

“There’s no error in the system no matter how many times I check. There’s nothing we can fix.”

“So what?”

“What do you mean ‘what’? It’s a tester problem, so we’ll have to call the tester.”

The other programmer couldn’t help but smirk at his colleague’s response.

“Yeah, as if the VVIP will come here. If we call her here, she’ll probably respond with ‘Who the fuck do you think I am?’ That’s if we can even reach her through the phone in the first place.”

“Well, that’s why I said shit.”

These two programmers weren’t the run-of-the-mill programmers that looked for defects in the system. They were members of Peach Corp’s Japan Branch, and also part of the research and development team under Peach Corp’s Asia Branch. They were top-level VR programmers who participated in the development of the Level 6 model, and their salaries were easily in the several hundred millions.

The fact that they had come to Korea in a single day and became repair technicians could only mean that this VVIP held an incredibly important position, enough to easily turn top-level VR programmers into mere repair technicians.

It went without saying that the two programmers were incredibly frustrated at the whole situation.

They graduated from prestigious schools, found work in their field’s biggest business, and received the best treatment from others. It was probably their first time being treated as they were today.

But what choice did they have? As long as they were getting paid, they had to listen to the higher up’s orders.

“Let’s start from the beginning. What was her complaint?”