Chapter 120 - Bad Ending? (1)

Bad Ending? (1)

1.

“Get ready, Magicians! Be ready!”

King Marciba of the Hiban Kingdom was located at the center of the continent.  The Azman castle was located at the southeast edge of the kingdom.  There was a tower that was much taller than the Class tower located there.

It was named the Azman's Tower, and occasionally, Users gained the qualification to be able to climb to the top of the tower through Quests. If one gained the rare opportunity to climb to the top of the tower, one won't find anything special there.  Instead, one will be able to see through the numerous windows that lay open on top of the tower.  One would be able to see the great plains surrounding the Azman castle.

This sight alongside the Clapper Jungle was part of the 10 great sceneries one could view in Warlord.

“The monsters are a stone's throw away.  How long do you want us to be on standby?”

“The battle line of Tankers is being pushed back! If we are going to attack, we have to attack now!”

“These Tanker bastards keep making me want to swear. Hold the line a little bit better, you retards!”

Currently, there was a never before seen chaos occurring on the great plains of Daewoo.

The Corrupted army consisting of all sorts of monsters. They were of varying levels, but they all possessed weapons and black pupils.  They were heading towards the Azman castle. An army consisting of several thousand monsters were attacking. It looked as if a tide was coming in.

The Tankers were wearing bulky armors that doubled their body size.  The Tankers held out shields that would easily cover their entire body.  Their role was to to block the tide from coming in.

It was a collision of one battle line against another!

It was reminiscent of that particular blockbuster movie that based its subject matter on a great battle.

The reality of being in such a battle was different from watching it through a movie screen.

The battle line was gone.

“The line is broken over here!”

“The line on our side broke too!  Help us a little bit!”

“We are trapped! Help! Help!”

The line was looking like a zigzag, and even that was being pushed out of existence.  The battle line created by the Tankers was already gone. There had been Users that had been steamrolled, and it caused the battle line to be cut to pieces.  Moreover, there were Users, who had charged forward through their own volition, and now they were stranded away from the battle line.

This was why a war was difficult.  A kid could line up troops in a straight line. However, it was a whole different task to fortify, maintain and adapt the line.  Even famed generals in history had a hard time doing this task.

Moreover, this army was using a voice talk program to talk to each other.  The line of communication was complicated like a spider web, and this issue had pushed the situation towards a worse outcome.

At first, it hadn't been a problem.  Of course, problems crop up as time passes, and various issues start to pile up on each.  When the pile get sufficiently large, it creates an explosive situation.

This was the point when the pile of issues was about to explode.

“Uh. Someone threw a magical spell?”