Chapter 157 - Heard Fortress (2)

Heard Fortress (2)

5.

- What should we do?

Apollo asked the question again, but the answer had already crystallized in Sinclair's head.

'This is the golden opportunity to catch the Hahoe Mask.'

Hahoe Mask.

It wasn't an exaggeration to say the Hahoe Mask was the single most valuable being one could kill in Warlord.

'No. I have to catch him no matter what.'

He had to catch the Hahoe Mask before he became a bigger variable. He had to kill the Hahoe Mask even if it was an unreasonable task.

However, he was given a chance to catch the Hahoe Mask, so there was no reason why he should turn down this opportunity.

There was only one problem.

Would the Big Smiles guild really be able to kill the Hahoe Mask?

'Finally, luck is with me.'

They wouldn't be able catch the Hahoe Mask.

The situation was completely different from the time when Sinclair went out to face the Hahoe Mask at the Cursed Castle. At the time, the idea of the Hahoe Mask winning against Sinclair was laughable. His Skeleton Warriors weren't even an annoyance against Sinclair.

What about the current Hahoe Mask?

It was useless to compare levels.

The difference in Item Setting was too large. This was beyond the Hahoe Mask slightly exceeding Sinclair in terms of Item Setting. Currently, no User could come close to the Item Setting possessed by the Hahoe Mask. He had the Deposed Prince's Sword, Argardo's Armor, Secret Society's Token, Corrupted Arbiter's Ring, Corrupted Destroyer's Necklace... He was pretty much like an end-game boss.

What about the Skeletons possessed by the Hahoe Mask?

A Hahoe Mask fan broke down a battle footage released by the Hahoe Mask. The gear worn by a Skeleton Warrior on average was worth 23,300 gold.

However, this was an estimate from the time when he faced the Frost Knight. The Hahoe Mask hadn't released the footage yet, but there was a rumor going around that he had summoned a Death Knight when facing the Skull Collector. The rumor was from a User that had passed through the Voodook's Tunnel. The Hahoe Mask was much stronger than the time he faced the Frost Knight.

What would happen if the Big Smiles guild tried to hunt him down? If this was a regular hunting ground, they would have a chance of winning. However, this was the Black Continent. If one moved a large group of Users, it would just lead to a war of attrition with the Monsters.

Even with all these factors against them, Sinclair thought they would be able to catch the Hahoe Mask if luck was with them.

The reason being...

'It is fortunate that the Clover Unit is nearby.'

The Poker team had pulled V&V guild into the ranks of the top guilds. One of the Poker team called the Clover unit was heading toward the Heard Fortress.

'Apollo's exploration team and the Clover unit can merge. There would be a total of 40 Users. Apollo's team can be used as bait, then the Clover unit can step forward...'

He trusted the Clover team. Sinclair's backers was the Hands guild, and they had put in a considerable effort in making the Clover unit.

At that moment, Sinclair thought about the final worry he had.