Chapter 115 - The Foe that Gives Generously (2)

The Foe that Gives Generously (2)

5.

“Are you stupid?  How can you lose him?”

“I have nothing to say regarding that part.”

The two Users sped along the Puree Forest. This wasn't an unusual sight.  In Warlord, there were numerous Users that were able to run faster than a cheetah.  It was something anyone could do if one invested in the Strength Stat.

However, there was one person here where the swift movement was incongruous with his physique. A User with an egregiously obese body was moving at lightning speed...  It was analogous to seeing a pig that should be too fat to move running faster than a cheetah. It was something one didn’t see everyday.

“This is my first mission! If you guys ruin this for me, all of you will suffer the consequences!”

When Apollo had become an officer of the Big Smiles guild, the guild had attached skilled Users to him.  It was to help Apollo out. Apollo was berating one of these skilled Users named Chiroro.

Of course, this was possible since this was a game.  It was almost impossible to shout at someone when one was running at full speed.  If this wasn't a game, Apollo wouldn't be able to run this fast.  He would probably pant and sweat profusely just from act of walking out of his house. He probably wouldn't even be able to speak.

This was why Chiroro was nodding his head outwardly, and he was ridiculing Apollo on the inside.

‘This pig is too greedy.  He'll make me suffer the consequence?  How laughable.  If you had just been a little bit more competent at blocking the Pitbull, we wouldn't be in this situation.’

Whistling Pitbull.

They had messed with a member of the Fighters guild.  However, this wasn't a decision made solely by Apollo.  It was a decision made by the Big Smiles Guild.

So why were they messing with Pitbull?  The underlying cause in most fights were similar. It was an action taken to settle a wrong.

The Big Smiles guild had taken heavy damage with the war against the Triple Wings, but their situation had stabilized now.  Even though they found stability within, the situation around them were a different story.  Before they knew it, the Big Smiles guild had come out at the bottom of the 30 great guilds ranking.

When they fell to the floor, there was a host of guilds beneath their feet.  The Underfoot guilds now looked at the Big Smiles guild in a different light.  They weren't viewed as a wall they had to climb over.  The Big Smiles guild was now perceived to be a prey they had to eat.

They needed to punish someone as a warning to others.  They had to show others that this was a dog eat dog world out there, and they were the dog that ate the other dog.

They were very confident that they could accomplish this.  The Big Smiles guild was on the lowest seat, but the resources of a 30 great guild was vastly different from the Underfoot guilds.

The problem had been clearly defined.

They had come up with several plans to solve this problem, and one of them was to capture the Whistling Pitbull.

Whistling was a member of the Fighters guild, and his level was very high. He was also very skilled, but on the face of it, he was a regular guild member.  Even if some problem arises, the backlash would be mild.

Moreover, he usually played by himself.  His personality was aggressive, so he didn't back down from fights that came this way.  This was true even if it was a fight against numerous opponents.  He would never back down.