Chapter 34 : Corrupted Stone (3).

Boss monsters have stats that are far beyond that of normal monsters at their level.

Just like people form a party of three or more people to hunt normal monsters, a bigger party is formed to hunt boss monsters. That is what is known as a raid.

Boss monsters appear in many ways. Those that regularly spawn in designated areas appear with what is known as a Field Reset. A period of time after the death of a boss, a field gets generated randomly for the boss monster to spawn.

The last Dragon Lizard raid happened one week ago.

In that case, it wasn’t weird for a Dragon Lizard to appear a week after along with a Field Reset. Although it was strange for Hyrkan and his 10 pursuers to arrive here, it was an impossible matter.

Only, there was something Hyrkan couldn’t understand.

‘A black swamp… was there such a setting?’

It was the existence of a black swamp.

As someone who aimed to hit level 30 in the Lizard Swamp, Hyrkan naturally had information on the Dragon Lizard. In fact, he periodically checked for updated information on the Dragon Lizard. Furthermore, there were often public announcements before a boss monster raids began, warning players not to hinder the raid. During the time he stayed in the Lizard Swamp, Hyrkan naturally avoided the areas where Dragon Lizard raids were happening. At the same time, he made sure to gather information on how Dragon Lizard spawn areas looked like.

Characteristic such as a black swamp did not exist in Hyrkan’s memory.

In other words, the black swamp in front of him was a special case.

‘Could it be?’

Ahimbree’s quest immediately flashed through Hyrkan’s mind. The nested egg Ahimbree mentioned was likely to be an egg inside a Dragon Lizard’s home.

Once Hyrkan arrived at this conclusion, Hyrkan wanted to curse out loud.

‘No way.’

It was just too absurd.

‘You expect me to kill a monster that needs a level 40 average 20-man raid, and get its egg?’

The raid difficulty of Dragon Lizard was not high. For a boss monster, it was rather easy.

Even so, it was impossible to do it alone. In the first place, boss monsters weren’t designed to be killed by a single player or a small group of players. Considering Ahimbree just casually gave out such a quest, Hyrkan was fully justified in wanting to curse.

In any case, now was Hyrkan’s chance.

Of course, it wasn’t easy for Hyrkan to kill the Dragon Lizard. However, it wasn’t impossible. Hyrkan always fought boss monsters higher than his own level, and he had plenty of experience in battles. He was better than any professional. As Dragon Lizard was one of the easier boss monsters, it was possible for Hyrkan to kill it if he had to.

However, it was currently too risky. The chance of him being successful was less than 10%.

In such a case, there was only one answer.

‘As if I’d kill it.’

It wasn’t worth it to risk his life.

Instead, this was a chance.

‘Hmm.’

Hyrkan stared at the nine players standing in a daze. Although they were shocked from having one of their comrades taken by the Dragon Lizard, it didn’t take long before they snapped back to the matter at hand. Soon, they changed from their defenseless state to that of tension and alertness.