Chapter 14 : A Cave in Mt. Bima (1).

All new Warlord players feel a bit of doubt as they go through the tutorial.

Should I be playing this game? Is it too late to ask for a refund?

Such thoughts quickly disappear as they train in the Training Dungeon.

Their thinking changes after fighting various types of monsters in the Training Dungeon and reaching level 10.

“I might be quite talented at this.”

They become confident.

They have no choice but to become confident.

In reality, an average guy won’t win fighting bare-handed against a big dog. Even if you give a knife to a grown man and ask him to kill an attack dog, he won’t be able to.

But during the Training Dungeon, players face up against wolves, tigers, anacondas, and all sorts of monsters you can’t even see in a zoo. Not only that, players can always leave a video footage of their fights. With a bit of editing, they became the protagonist of a movie.

As such, it was only obvious they would become confident. It was also another objective of the Training Dungeon.

It was training!

It was a system built to boost players’ confidence in battles.

Upon reaching level 10, these confident players learned new skills, and the rich ones would come out to the field equipped with all sorts of expensive items.

The field was also a spectacle. Forests and mountains untouched by human hands. In this vast world, players became the dwarves or elves they saw in Lord of the Rings. They had full assurance that their adventure would become a heroic tale.

But as soon as they entered field battles, they became Hobbits. Not the courageous kind, but the one in danger.

When they began fighting monsters in forests and mountains, they learned the difference between Training Dungeon monsters and the real ones.

“Uwak!”

It was a 3-man party.

It was a typical beginner’s party of a swordsman, magician, and healer. One couldn’t even tell their classes apart by looking at their clothes.

“Are you retarded, how did you fall?”

“Oi! Throw your magic at it! We have to save that fuck!”

“Hold on; I’m still casting it. Also, if I throw it now, he’s going to get hit too.”

“Just do it!”

The first monster they faced in the field was a monster called Deadwood Wolf.

It was a level 15 monster, a wolf looking like it was carved out of a withered tree. It had a longer body length than normal wolves, but its overall size wasn’t particularly big.

It wasn’t all that strong either. It was on of the weakest level 15 monsters. As one might expect from its thin and withered appearance, it had a weak defense. It was something players could easily kill with the weapons they received from the Subjugation Association. On top of this, they were extremely weak to fire magic. A level 10 fire-attribute magician could easily kill with 2 casts of Fireball magic.

It was even nicknamed the woodbag. The name obviously came from sandbag, except it was woodbag because of its appearance.

Although only level 10, a 3-man party should easily be able to kill it. The party’s plan was to have the swordsman hold it off from the front while waiting for the magician to prepare his Fireball.