Chapter 29 : Lizard Swamp (1).

No players hated easy-to-hunt, experience-rich, and item-rewarding monsters.

However, players naturally flocked to hunting grounds where monsters like these spawned. For Warlord, which had difficulty incomparable to those of normal console or PC games, it was much worse. Furthermore, Warlord’s death penalty was greater than in normal games. It was only natural for players to choose safe and easy hunting grounds.

But once one experienced being in a hunting ground where there were more players than monsters, and experienced getting into conflict with another party over a monster, a thought must have crossed his mind.

That rather than just looking at other players, it’d be better to hunt in unpopular areas.

Of course, when such thought was carried to action, most ended up seeing blood.

“Fuck! I told you, we shouldn’t have come here!”

“You’re the one who suggested it!”

Two players currently crossing a swamp was exactly in such a situation. They weren’t originally two. No parties came to hunting grounds with only two. If there was such a case, one or two members must have died, and the two remaining must be on the run.

Having lost their friends, no good words came out of the mouths of the two players running away.

“What kind of a hunting ground is this? Fuck!”

“Can you stop saying ‘fuck’? Do you need to say that in every sentence?”

“What? Want to fight?”

In a situation where foul language went back and forth, it was only natural for a fight to break out.

In that sense, the Lizard Swamp served as a good hunting ground for party members to reaffirm their relationships.

Lizard Swamp was a level 30 hunting ground where Green Lizardmen spawned. However, players ranked Lizard Swamp as a late level 30 to an early level 40 hunting ground. There were two reasons for its high difficulty rating.

First, Lizardmen were hard monsters to hunt. As they walked on two legs and carried swords, they were a vastly different type of monster from the usual. That said, they didn’t fight like humans either. As such, no one had any experience with their fighting style. One could only experience fighting with monsters like Lizardmen in VR games like Warlord.

The second reason was the nature of the swamp environment. In swamps, it’s much harder to fight or to run away. If a battle didn’t go as planned, the entire situation quickly became worse. For this reason, tank-type players were much more prone to dying in swamps.

However, setting aside these two reasons, the attack, defense, and stamina of Lizardmen weren’t particularly higher than normal.

In other words, if one had the experience and ability to deal with these problems, the Lizard Swamp would be a good hunting ground.

‘Is this the next point?’

Hyrkan checked the ground as he rolled his ankle. The ground only left a light footprint, proving its hardness.

‘Alright, here’s point C.’

Hard ground.

That was the core idea behind hunting in swamp areas. Rather than thinking of how to fight in swamps, one needed to think about how to get rid of the disadvantageous effects of swamps. Further, it was better to have multiple areas that could do so. Once these areas were found, players would need to plan their activities around them.