Asthma's a Bitch

What you need to know before reading: In this Peter is not Spiderman but instead is Tony and Pepper's son (biologically). He's dating Harley (I read the comments  @Fandom_obbsessed2222 ). You can tell by the title what's about to happen so let's get into it. 

This was requested by @juiceylemons 

Peter woke up as he usually did to his Imperial March alarm tone. The sun wasn't even up at this early hour and Peter really didn't want to be either. He dragged himself up, not even bothering to change before going to the kitchen for breakfast. He walked past both of his parents and proceeded to drink straight out of the coffee pot. By the time he'd downed the whole thing, his eyes were wide open. He turned around only to be met with the Avengers looking at him horrified from the doorway. 

He awkwardly waved at them before taking one of Tony's energy drinks from the fridge and moving to leave. As he went to walk out Tony held out an arm stopping him. 

"I don't plan on stopping you- Pepper it's fine---- but can you tell me the reason for this?" Peter nodded at him with his eyes twitching from the caffeine. 

"I have a presentation to give in Modern World History today. I was up until after three o'clock last night preparing." Tony seemed happy with that answer. 

"Seems legit. Carry on." Peter pumped his fist in the air before hurrying off to get dressed for school. 

Peter had barely had time to throw on a matching Hello Kitty sweatsuit before he was running out the door to Harley's car. He opened the door and threw himself into the seat. Harley chuckled at his antics. Harley leaned over and gave him a soft kiss on his lips before slowly trailing his lips across Peter's forehead. Peter swooned at his boyfriend's loving eyes. 

"McDonald's?"

"I have never loved you more."

Harley pulled his car up in front of the school as Peter finished the last bite of his breakfast sandwich and took a quick gulp of his coffee. 

"Thank you for the ride and for breakfast. I love you," Peter said dragging out his words with a wide smile. 

"I love you too baby. Have a great day and I'll see you later."He reached over with a napkin and gently wiped the food away from the corner of Peter's mouth and gave him a smile that could melt anyone's heart. Peter gave him a wave and a fake pout as he exited the car. If only they'd noticed that Peter's inhaler had fallen out of his bag and rolled under his seat.  

Peter and Ned laughed loudly at their table as MJ drew Flash in her notebook. 

"I swear he's on crack," MJ stated monotonously. That only caused them to laugh harder and Peter banged his hand on the table. 

"Maybe he was dropped as a child," said Peter half gasping half crying from laughter with a bright red face. 

Just as he said that Flash started yelling again. "Oh my god I'm dying," Ned said watching the exchange between Flash and the football player that was twice his size. 

Peter was momentarily distracted as one of the girls behind him started spraying perfume. He turned around to politely ask her to spray it a little farther away but in the process took in a large breath of perfume. He felt like he was beginning to choke and he began having sharp pains in his chest as he gasped for breath. 

He began coughing harshly and wheezing noises rattled out of his throat any time he could manage to suck in a breath between the coughs that jolted his entire body. 

Ned began to panic as the coughing persisted. He rummaged through Peter's bag frantically looking for the inhaler. His eyes went wide and he felt tears welling up in his eyes as it was nowhere to be found. He pulled out Peter's phone and immediately dialed Tony's number with shaking hands. 

"Hey, Pete how's it going?" Ned could hear the sound of Natasha and Bucky yelling in the background of the call. 

"Sir this is Peter's friend Ned. He's having an asthma attack and we can't find his inhaler. He's beginning to turn purple! Like really-" Ned ranted on breathing very fast. 

"Shit! I'm on my way just call Harley and put him on the phone so he can calm Peter down until I get there." The line went dead and Ned just about cried out of relief. He quickly dialed Harley's number but it went to voicemail. Ned kept calling and on the third try, he finally answered. 

"Hey, babe. Sorry, I was-" Harley was cut off by Ned midsentence. 

"You need to help calm Peter down. He's having a really bad asthma attack. Tony's on his way with his inhaler." Harley didn't waste any time after that. 

"Put the phone to his ear," Harley said adamantly. 

"Hey, baby. It's gonna be okay darling. Just take deep breaths and focus on my voice, alright. Good job. You're doing great. Your dad will be there soon and I'm already on my way so don't you worry about a thing." Harley felt his heart drop as he heard Peter's panicked wheezing on the other side of the phone. "Why don't we talk about the trip we talked about. Just you and me driving all across the country for three weeks. We'll get to see the sights together and drive with the top down and stay in lousy hotels where I'll feed you room service at midnight. We could see anything and everything and blast our playlist on the open highway. Most importantly we'll be together every day."

Peter's breathing worsened as the mucus in his lungs began to build up and all the color drained from his face leaving him a deathly shade of white. He fought to breathe through his sobs and started to convulse as if he was choking. 

"Peter! Honey, I need you to stop crying. I know it hurts but I need you to breathe. I'm almost there. Baby breathe! Dammit!" Peter could hear honking in the background of the call and the squeal of tires. "I'm pulling into the parking lot now." Peter was distracted from the call as Tony burst through the crowd with his inhaler and an oxygen machine. He braced Peter against his chest as he began to administer the medication and then quickly put the oxygen mask on him. 

Peter smiled weakly as he gulped air into his lungs. Tony lovingly patted him on the back and wrapped his arms around him. Harley was pushing through the crowd seconds later. His body sagged in relief as he saw Tony already there and Peter's chest moving up and down. 

He dropped down onto his knees in front of Peter and brought him slowly into a hug and pressed a kiss to the side of his head.

"Next time we'll make sure you have your inhaler before the McDonalds."

"Get your priorities together. McDonald's comes before anything and everything."

Please comment and leave feedback. 

Requests: