robot

Tony had built many things in his lifetime, but some things were unforgettable. Many of these things haunted him and left him scarred. They kept him awake at night and not even the whiskey could put him to sleep. 

One of the most rememberable inventions was a cyborg he created that had a unique artificial intelligence. He knew now that he should have expected many would be out to take his creation and make it their own. When it was stolen it was a huge awakening. The entire security system and the team had to be updated seeing as a valuable asset was stolen right from under their noses. 

They had done extensive research and searched rigorously for the asset but it was never found and after six and a half long years of searching they gave up on the hunt. Everyone involved with the search had given up hope on finding the asset after several years of seemingly endless searching but Tony never lost hope in his creation and that one day they would meet again. 

Exactly eight years after the disappearance Tony received a call from Fury telling him that there was an urgent problem he needed to come in for. Tony assumed that this was a problem that would require the Avenger's 'unique' skills. The team assembled in the conference room and waited for Fury to tell them the emergency that required the world's strongest superpowered team. 

Fury walked into the room with his usual urgent pace and resting bitch face. He seemed slightly surprised to see all of them assembled there. The team was perplexed to see that several agents were wheeling in a metal box behind him. The box was about six and a half feet tall and appeared to be made of some strange type of metal. 

Tony's eyes widened in surprise at the familiar box and the symbol it had on the front, STARK Industries. The team glanced between him in the box questioningly.

"Stark, what's in the box? Hydra had it under heavy lockdown and protection despite the fact that it seems they couldn't even open it. Why is it so important?" Tony took in a shaky breath seemingly speechless. He stood up from his chair slowly and walked towards the box. The team could see his trembling shoulders and clenched fists as he laid his forehead on the front of the box. 

"They couldn't open it because it can only be opened with the arc reactor that currently resides in my chest. I created him to do good but I should have known that it would be impossible to protect him from those who were desperate to use him for their own selfish desires."

"Tony, why do you keep saying 'him'? What's in the box?" Tony said nothing as he unlocked the box and with a hiss, the door slowly popped open. Painstakingly slow, Tony swung the door open to show them what was inside. None of them were expecting to see what resides within. 

It was a teenage boy. He almost seemed to be in a deep sleep. He wore a pair of grey sweatpants and had an arc reactor embedded in his bare chest. His chest didn't move and he seemed not to be breathing at all. 

"What the hell? Tony, why is there a kid in a box?" Steve was quick to turn to anger upon seeing the box's contents.

"He's a robot Steve. He needed to be realistic. He was my best creation." 

"Wake him up," Natasha said firmly. Tony's head whipped around to look at her with wide eyes. "We'll keep him safe this time. It's time for your creation to come to life." Her eyes were kind and understanding and Tony had no doubt in her words. She had been the only one on the team to know about the invention and had even done a search of her own in an attempt to help her disheartened friend. So he turned back to his creation, determined. 

"You're right. It's time. Peter Stark code 89498BR3--- Activate." No one breathed as they watched intently. 

The boy's eyes snapped open. He fell forward slightly off-balanced. Tony caught him and held him up as he looked around with wide eyes. When his eyes landed on Tony he seemed to calm down a little as he pulled Tony into a hug. 

"Welcome to the real world, Peter."

Guess who has the flu?? I feel greatttttt. Wig.

Please comment and leave feedback. 

Requests: