Government Asset

It was an early September morning and the wind was brisk. It should also be mentioned that it was the morning that Aliens invaded New York City (for the second time in fact). The Avengers were immediately called by SHIELD and thrown into the fray as usual. 

It took less than four hours for the government to offer to send in backup. Clint was injured and they were running themselves ragged trying to evacuate civilians while having no information on the source of the invasion. 

Despite the toll that it would have on their pride they gladly accepted the generous offer with the hope that there were no hidden intentions that would come back at them later. Within the hour a sizeable armored truck escorted by tanks and helicopters arrived in the center of the action. 

Several soldiers stepped out of one of the tanks to meet Natasha, Steve, and Tony by the doors of the armored truck. "This is the asset sent on the behalf of the U.S. military. General Jefra sends her regards." With that, they opened the door to the truck. 

To the trios' amazement, the only passenger in the vehicle was a teenage boy. He was small, scrawny, and was dressed entirely in black with his chest covered by a kevlar vest. He stared at them with large, brown, owl-like eyes that seemed to pierce directly into their souls. He stepped out of the van and turned to them with almost catlike grace. 

"I am P-9078, but you may address me as Arachnid. I've been sent to assist you however you see fit. What is my assignment?" His tone was monotonous and at first glance, he seemed to be almost expressionless, but deep in his eyes hidden behind the training that had been instilled into him was a look of fear and doubt. 

Natasha felt a familiar pang in her chest looking at the young boy. He reminded her so much of the Red Room and all that it stood for. "What can you do?" She questioned him softly. Her tone caused the two men accompanying her to look at her with understanding eyes. They all felt hesitant and uneasy at the thought of such a young soldier. 

"My mutation allows me to shoot a durable substance almost identical to the composition of a spiderweb. I also have enhanced strength as well as heightened senses. In addition to this, I can stick my skin to any object which gives me the capabilities to climb on walls. At the military base, I was trained in combat and infiltration." Natasha listened and nodded thoughtfully. 

Steve and Tony shared a knowing look behind the two. Tony then turned around to address the soldiers standing nearby. "Inform the General that after the battle he will be taking residence with the Avengers at the tower. Also, tell her that if she has an issue with that then I have my team of lawyers on speed dial. Comprende?"

Peter turned to look perplexedly at the two. "I don't understand. Have I done something wrong?"

"Quite the opposite actually," Tony stated but that seemed only to confuse the boy more. "Nevermind just forget it and we'll fill you in later."

Twenty minutes later Peter and Natasha pulled up to where the Avengers were regrouping on a motorcycle with Tony flying behind them holding a dangling Steve while in his suit. The rest of the team were already waiting under the awning of a sandwich shop and they were all quietly murmuring to one another.

They looked at the arriving trio expectantly but were surprised to see only one person approaching with them. Peter got off the bike and walked confidently towards the group, but in reality, he felt as if his nerves were gnawing at him like an angry beast rearing its head. He stopped with Natasha and kicked his legs out to the 'Attention position' and tucked his arms behind his back as he had been taught to do for his whole life. Tony landed beside him and set Steve on the ground. 

"This is Peter he was sent to-" Steve started. 

"What do they expect us to do with a teenage boy? He's not taking out an entire alien army anytime soon."

"They've assured us that he will be very useful in this fight. His mutation is apparently the most powerful one they have to offer. Afterward, we'll be taking him in," replied Natasha monotonously. 

Scarlet Witch walked hesitantly toward him with glowing eyes. She stopped in front of him and made direct eye contact with him for a moment in silence. 

"They were not kind to you. No one has... ever been kind to you, but they've taught you to destroy. They've made you kill so many and have turned you into their personal soldier. You are very, very sad." Bucky felt his eyes widen in the background at her words. 

"I am only here to serve." She looked away from him with pain in her eyes and sorrow in her mind. "What is my assignment?" 

The team exchanged looks with one another. They all seemed to be feeling the same pity.

"We've discovered that they've based themselves in the Empire building on the roof. It'll be extremely difficult to reach the power source that's fueling them all. The goal is for those who've already been assigned to the search and rescue squad to continue evacuating the civilians. Everyone else will be assisting in taking out the power source, including Peter. Understood?" Peter nodded stiffly before pulling on his mask. (view picture above)

The whole team's eyes widen in surprise as he ran away and then he began to use his signature webs to swing to his destination. 

"Now I wasn't expecting that."

I'm not sure where this idea came from but all of a sudden I just had to write it. Please comment and leave feedback. 

Part 2? 

Requests: