spider undercover

What's up ya'll? Its been a hot minute since my last chapter but I decided I would try not to procrastinate today and I'm gonna get to work on this one. 

Edit: this is the next day. I started writing the chapter and then I didn't finish. Sorry you guys have had to wait a few extra days for this chapter.

While you're here please answer the following question:

What fandoms are you a part of? What kind fanfiction do you like to read?

Peter is 19 in this chapter.

Peter normally wasn't recruited for stealth missions unless it was sneaking into a Hydra base. He'd done that more times then he could count on both hands. So that's why Peter was a bit startled when Fury told him he would be going undercover at a Gala with the rest of the Avengers. 

Peter arrived at the mission briefing with thirty seconds to spare. All of the Avengers were seated around a long oval table that took up the majority of the room.It had been dug out of the storage closet at the headquarters seeing as the normal conference room tables couldn't hold the whole team even at maximum capacity. Fury sat on one end and Mr. Stark sat on the other almost as if the gods were asking for a fight between the two men. This had been decided by the two men themselves against better reasoning. Peter was seated between Mr. Stark and Natasha as he normally did. He got a stern look when he sat down and in return sent an apologetic smile. 

"Now that we're all here let's get down to business. The target is a man named Alexius Taylor. He will be at the Frankton Gala in France tonight. This is our chance to finally take him down," Fury spoke with his usual frown but there was an almost imperceptible look of distress if you stopped to look at his eyes long enough. "He's kidnapped over three dozen mutants for his experiments with Hydra and like many others has tried and failed to recreate the Super Soldier Serum. He is responsible for almost a dozen bombings and has even attempted to assassinate the president."

"You're avoiding something. What is it?" Natasha spoke with a knowing look. Fury didn't seem at all surprised to hear her say this. He knew of what she could uncover with a single glance in your eyes. 

"Unfortunately we can only send one inside the gala to be undercover. The only one of you that could even get close to him would be Parker." Natasha scoffed. She was very protective of Peter and Fury saying this to her almost felt like a threat. 

"I've done enough undercover missions that this would be a walk in the park. So why not me?" 

"After a bit of research we've made a file of his interests and such. He doesn't exactly swing for your team and Peter's definitely his type." This didn't make the situation any better. Mr. Stark threw his hands into the air angrily. He was enraged about the whole messed up situation. 

"So your just going to send the kid in there as bait for that asshole? You are so gonna get it Fury." Peter quickly determined that if he didn't step in then he would have another civil war to worry about. 

"It's ok. I can do this guys. It's just the same as when one of you guys do it. Besides I have to learn how to complete every kind of mission so when you guys aren't here anymore I'll be able to help." Natasha nodded grudgingly. She understood the point he was making even if she didn't like it at all. 

"Peter I do not support this at all," said Tony who seemed to be getting angrier by the minute.

"I need to do this so I can help everyone."

"So it's been decided. Everyone except for Peter needs to suit up. Peter, Natasha will help you get ready." Tony let out a quiet string of curse words before leaving the room and slamming the door behind himself hard enough to leave a dent in the doorframe.