Addition to the Team Part 2

When Peter woke up he was in the Batcave on a medical table. He was surrounded by his family who were bickering about something. Peter tried to hear through the fog that seemed to encircle his brain. 

"He should have woke up by now."

"His DNA is completely changing itself. It's taking a lot of his energy. He needs sleep."

"What if he completely turns into a spider? I don't want to have to sit next to him at the dinner table if he has all those beady little eyes and fuzzy legs."

Peter drifted in and out of consciousness for hours. Everything seemed to go in and out of focus. He could hear voices. He relived the moments before the spider bite. He could remember going into the room at Atlas Inc. He could remember his confusion. 

They weren't supposed to be there...

He was supposed to find the files...

He could feel the bite... the pain...

And then all at once... nothing. 

He pried his eyes open slowly and the lights swirled above his head before finally settling into focus. Dick's bright blue eyes suddenly were directly in front of him. Several hands pulled him into a sitting position and their voices slowly became clear. 

"Peter? Peter are you done trippin' for a minute?" Damian was as delightful as expected (note the sarcasm). 

"I think so," Peter groaned as he rubbed the dust out of his eyes. Bruce crouched in front of him and pulled the hair out of his eyes. 

"How do you feel bub?" (*cough cough* favorite *cough cough*)

"Pretty good surprisingly."

"Well, you sure as hell look better," said Jason with a wry grin. Peter looked down at himself and his newly acquired abs with wide eyes. 

"I look like a walking Abercrombie ad. I never thought I would be taller than five feet four, but look at my legs. They definitely look longer than before unless that's just the radiation in my veins talking." 

"I bet you're at least 5'11. It'll definitely take a lot more than a stray wind to knock you over now."

"This is the beginning of your tragic backstory. Now you're a real hero," said Jason as he laughed hysterically. The rest of his brothers were in tears as they rolled over laughing. 

"And to think this is the group of infamous heroes that protect Gotham with an iron fist," said Alfred. 

Peter, finally, stood up from the bed and found himself surprised as he towered far higher than he ever had before. 

"What number Robin is this?"

Please comment and leave feedback.

This book has over 800,000 views now! That's insane! Thank you guys so much for everything you do to help make this story successful. 

Requests:

Would you guys be interested in a little wager?

If this story gets to 1 million views by Thanksgiving I will write an entire fanfiction over the premise of the 'Innocent' one-shots. If you guys are interested just let me know.