Firework Freakouts

In this chapter, Peter is not Spiderman but he is Tony's biological son.

Ever since the time he'd spent trapped in that Hydra base, Peter wasn't the same. The littlest things frightened him to the point of hyperventilation and temporary paralysis. His dad tried really hard to shelter him from these moments and to help him recover. He was supportive and patient through the past eight months since the incident. 

Eight months seemed like an eternity but in reality, there would never be enough time to overcome his trauma. 

Within the eight months, Peter had been set off by things such as the shower, bad weather, and even turning the lights on and off. These incidents would take him back to the numerous times his head had been forced underwater or the times when they would press a defibrillator to his chest, temporarily stopping his heart. 

Tony would hold him through the tears and keep him company until his episodes were over. Peter couldn't help but feel guilty for being so helpless and depending on his dad constantly. He could see that he was exhausted from constantly taking care of him this way.

Peter's boyfriend, Harley, had been a rock through these hard times. He never complained when Peter was emotional or clingy and always seemed to know how to cheer him up. 

No one had been prepared for the effect the 4th of July would have on Peter. Fireworks were being set off all over the city and there were thousands of flashing lights outside of Peter's window. He found himself hiding in the closet away from all the lights. His entire body shook violently as he clamped his hands tightly over his ears. 

The lights in the closet were turned off but he found something about the darkness enveloping him to be calming and familiar. He could faintly hear Jarvis' voice echoing around him but he was too far lost to process it. 

Harley opened the door and felt his heart shatter all over again at the sight of Peter broken down on the floor. His eyes were tightly shut, his hands were over his ears, and he was breathing so heavily that Harley feared he may faint. He crouched down in front of his boyfriend and hesitantly reached out to pull his head to rest on his chest. 

Peter's tensed for a moment before finally relaxing enough to wrap his arms around him tightly. He held on as if Harley was a lifeline. He could hear the sounds from outside but he focused only on the sounds of Harley's breathing. 

"I'm scared," his voice cracked as he held back tears. Harley gently pulled him into his lap. 

"I know baby. I know," Harley breathed as he soothingly ran his fingers through Peter's hair. "But I love you so much and I'll hold you until you're not scared anymore. I'm going to protect you forever. It's always going to be you and me until the end of the world. Nothing can get you out of this relationship." 

Peter giggled at his boyfriend's antics. 

"And I'll be here with you until the stars die and my heart stops." Peter rested his forehead against Harley's with fond eyes. "I love you more than you could possibly know." And then their lips met in a passionate kiss. Peter's hands tenderly cupped Harley's face as Harley's hands moved to his waist. 

"Woah!" The two jumped apart upon hearing the exclamation. Tony stood in the doorway with his hands covering his eyes. "Jarvis said your heart rate was spiking, and now I can see why."

"Dad!"

Please comment and leave feedback.

I'm having a medical procedure done in a few weeks but I also just found out that a different health problem is happening again even after I've had surgery for it so I may be getting another surgery for that. I'm still going to try to update though.