Proof That Peter Parker Has a Heart

Requested by @MinAgust20 and @purpleberrysans
Hope this is what you were wanting! Please enjoy it and feel free to comment on what you think.

The kidnapping had been totally unexpected. Peter could pick up an elephant and stop a bus with his bare hands, so how was Hydra supposed to take him quickly and discretely enough so that Avengers wouldn't make it in time to give him back up? Any fight would be big enough to draw a crowd within moments. 

Peter had been walking to the tower in his civilian clothes when he got a tingle on the back of his neck. He tried to be subtle as he glanced around trying to locate what was making his senses go haywire. 

He saw nothing. His eyebrows furrowed as he checked once more before pulling out his phone to call Tony. Before he could even enter his password, he felt a harsh prick on his neck and then arms reaching under him and lifting him up as the world faded into the dark. 

When he woke up he was in some sort of cell. One of his hands were shackled to the wall as well as one of his feet by rusted manacles that had a dark red substance dried on them which almost brought up his lunch. The cell had a dirt floor and thick, concrete walls by the look of it. The large, steel door had no window and the only source of light came from the small barred hole in the ceiling. 

He couldn't hear anything for a long time until there were harsh footsteps running down the hall and a siren deafening him. He covered his ears and cried out at the harsh sound. He pulled assertively on the manacles, and after a few minutes, he managed to pull the whole chain from the wall before running to the door and attempting to take it off its hinges. His hands kept slipping as blood ran down from where he'd pulled the restraints off so callously. 

He was ripping entire nails off as he clawed desperately at the door. It took what seemed like hours for him to manage to get the door off. He looked frantically left to right down the hallway, but there seemed to be no one around. 

He ran out and decided, after a moment of careful deliberation, to go left and hope for the best. The sounds of footsteps seeming to be from the opposite direction, so it seemed to be his best shot for finding an unguarded exit and escaping.

He felt his heart pound mercilessly as his footsteps sounded through the corridor. He sprinted as quickly as he could with his sore ankle. He saw windows that showed empty labs and hospital beds but it seemed deserted. He was paranoid, looking around every corner carefully. 

Just as he thought that he would never find a way out of the building a large door with a modern keypad came into view. He could have cried for joy had there been time. 

He didn't know if there was a limit on how many times the password could be entered but he didn't even know where to look for the information he needed to open the door. 

He frantically looked at the keypad in hopes of finding a clue that would help him open the door. To his relief, he saw smudges over a few of the numbers. Now he just had to find the right order. He put in his first guess but felt his heart stop as the machine said, "Two more tries before the self-destruction sequence will begin."

There were sixteen possible variations of the numbers that could be the code. How was he supposed to guess it in only three?

He tried once more but to his frustration, it was once again incorrect. Just as he was about to resign to his fate a guard ran around the corner. Peter jumped to the ceiling, out of sight, as the man frantically put the code into the keypad. Peter felt a grim smile come over his face. As the man went to walk out the door a drop of Peter's blood dropped onto his cheek. He looked up with furrowed brows, but before he had a chance to call out, Peter had dropped onto his shoulders and snapped his neck. He felt tears come into his eyes but willed them away as he reminded himself where he was and who the man was. 

He ran out the door before it could close. He let out a sigh of relief as he saw he was completely out of the building and there was an expanse of trees before him. 

Before he could take more than a few more steps, he was flying through the air as flames licked his back and he felt multiple sharp pains in his chest. The facility had exploded, he realized through the pain and his fading vision. 

"Peter!" 

"Mr.Stark..." he muttered pitifully before succumbing to the darkness. 

When he finally regained consciousness, there were bright lights above his head and a faint beeping sound. He squeezed his eyes shut for a moment as a blinding pain shot through his head. He pushed himself to a sitting position as the pain went through his chest like a gunshot. 

The door slammed open and he was surprised to see Mr.Stark standing there with wide eyes. 

"Oh my God! You're finally awake." He rushed over to Peter's side and put an arm behind his head to balance him as he lifted a straw up to his lips so he could drink some water.

"What happened?" Peter was groggy and Tony could barely understand him. 

"The Hydra facility self-destructed, but you were out of the facility so you survived. Some of your injuries were fatal and treating you was difficult, but Dr.Cho expects you to make a full recovery. Unfortunately, there was quite a bit of shrapnel embedding in your chest and not all of it could be removed without killing you. So we gave you your own arc reactor to stop it from puncturing your heart." Peter's eyes were wide as he looked down at his chest that was wrapped in a bandage. He slowly unwrapped it and his eyes filled with tears as he saw the glowing circle in the middle of his chest. 

As he looked up at Tony, the man's heart stopped. 

"Now we match!" It took Tony a moment to realize they were happy tears. "I'm honestly just happy that I lived. Plus this thing is like a built-in nightlight."

Tony chuckled as Peter wiped away his tears. 

"Only you Peter. Only you."

Please comment and leave feedback.