Family Life

This was requested by @cbehrka    

Peter is 25 years old in this.

This mission had been one of the worst so far. The Hydra base had been overpopulated and the number of agents seemed to amount to an army. They'd been pushing through to the center of the underground facility which was said to have all of the files they were searching for. 

Even Natasha was sweating buckets and ready to drop at this point. They were all internally praying that they would find the room soon and leave this hell. Peter was trying to stay enthusiastic about their progress but it seemed to never end. He panted as blood dripped from his forehead down to his toes (not his own of course). 

After what seemed like days they came upon the red unmarked door they'd been searching for. Steve kicked the door open and the team flooded inside like a tidal wave. The room contained dozens of computers and a plethora of lab equipment. Tony and Natasha rushed over to the computers, ready to access the information, but as soon as they began to type the screens flashed white. They held their breath for the moment it took for the face to appear on all of the screens surrounding them. It was, for once, an unfamiliar face. He had a shaved head, unusually pale skin, and yellow eyes that seemed unhealthy to say the least. His smile was almost evil as he stared back at them.

"You should have expected that we wouldn't just let you take the files. You've made your last mistake. We have an army of agents and mutants ready to fight you to the death.  Even your helicarrier has been overtaken. This is the end of your little circus act. One head may be cut off but others will always take its place. Hail Hydra."

Peter was the first to hear the sound of a blast down the hallway. 

"We've got to get out of here. Now." Tony nodded once before looking around at the available resources to aid them in their escape. "Looks like we're going up." He began mixing around a multitude of the chemicals laying around the lab. "You may want to take cover." The team hid around the corner crouched under some lab tables they'd overturned to use as a barricade. The blast was deafening, but there was no time to wait as the team rushed to escape with the newly created hole above them. 

~

They regrouped in the jet as they rushed to prepare for takeoff. 

"Where do we go now? We can't go back to the helicarrier if it has been overtaken and there's not enough gas to get all the way to the farm."

"I've got a place." The team turned to look at Peter with surprise. "I'll drive. ETA one hour. You should buckle up." 

His heart palpitated wildly as he started the engine and liftoff protocol. He didn't know if he was mentally prepared for this, but what other choice did he have? 

~

The team looked out the windows expectantly as Peter landed the jet. The house was located on an isolated property away from the rest of the surrounding civilization. Peter turned the key off as he sighed anxiously. Guess it's time, he thought. He grabbed his go bag and gestured for the team to follow him. They looked around curiously as they exited the jet seeing as they'd been offered no explanation.

"Are taking us out to the country to murder us one by one? You seem too quiet." Peter laughed sheepishly.

Peter opened the front door quietly and the moment he took a step into the doorway he was knocked over. His large Australian Sheppard wagged his tail excitedly as he licked Peter's face. 

"Hey, Silas. I missed you," Peter cooed at the dog lovingly. Even Natasha couldn't help but pet the dog as it happily greeted everyone with a wagging tail. "He should be here somewhere," Peter mumbled to himself as he made his way into the living room. He dropped his bag on the couch as he looked around.

"What are you looking for Pete?" Even Tony was a little perplexed at the peculiar way Peter was acting. 

"That would be me," a voice spoke from behind them all. In the door of the kitchen stood Harley Keener. 

"Harley? What are you doing here?" Tony looked between the two men feeling lost. 

"I live here..." 

"With Peter?" Natasha accused. 

"Seeing as we're married... yes?" Peter could have facepalmed at his husband's sarcastic answer.

"Son, I think we need to have a talk," said Steve with a pointed look at the two.

Please comment and leave feedback. 

Requests:

Update: So I found out the guy who saved me from the dog was actually the dog's owner. Talk about a plot twist.