An Empty Seat

Many of Peter's classmates disappeared during the snap; Many were his close companions and people he'd shared classes with for many long years. When everyone came back it was difficult to get back into the swing of things. (pun intended)

Everyone who had vanished suddenly needed to find a job, somewhere to live, perhaps a school to attend, and their remaining family members who had been scattered across the world. Governments all over the world were overrun with chaos. There weren't enough resources for everyone anymore and stores were quickly emptied out.

After multiple weeks of chaos, the time finally came where everyone would have to go back to their normal, everyday lives.

The remaining Midtown students were arriving at the school for the first time since the snap. They were all nervous and excited for everything to go back to normal. 

In order to help students ease their fears and find their friends, they had posted a list in front of the main office which stated who had been lost in the snap and who had stayed. Ned felt peace for the first time in weeks as he saw Peter was listed as one of the students that had been in the snap. 

Ned had been unable to locate and talk to his best friend since he'd come back. His old apartment was empty and the entire building was replaced with a new business center.

He went to class and sat in the chair with his name labeled on it. He felt a grin come over his face as he saw Peter's name on the chair next to him. He waited patiently for his friend to arrive but felt dread settle in his stomach as the bell rang and the chair was still empty. 

Those who had been in the decathlon team with Peter stared at the chair as if it would jump out at them. The teacher sighed as he looked at his students and the empty chair that suddenly held a weight that brought tears to his eyes. He wiped his eyes before clearing his throat. 

"I received an updated file this morning on the students who would be attending my class this semester. I was given some terrible news. After contacting his guardian, the school discovered the Peter Parker is deceased as of several weeks ago. His guardian will be coming in to talk to all of you this morning. If you would like, the school is offering grief counseling for those who were close to him." Ned felt a choking noise come out of his throat and nausea swell inside of him. It felt like someone was playing a terrible joke.

He couldn't help but sob and breakdown despite the fact he was in front of all of his classmates. He felt arms wrap around him. He glanced up to see he'd become a part of a large group hug. He was surrounded by Betty, MJ, Flash, and Abe.

"He didn't deserve this," Ned sobbed. At his words, the entire group broke into tears and even the teacher had to turn away from the heartwrenching sight in front of him. "He was the best friend anyone could ever ask for. He can't be gone." Ned wailed loudly and his pain touched everyone's heart. 

After a few moments, while the teens were still in their group hug, May and Tony walked into the classroom with somber eyes and heavy hearts (I know Tony is dead but for the moment just forget about that y'all).

The teens stared at them in shock with wide eyes as the room seemed to almost spin from everything going on in their brains. 

"Something tells me that things are about to get weird."

May looked at the boy who had spent so much time in her apartment and had been the best friend Peter could have asked for and felt a pang in her heart. 

"I think you all deserve an explanation on what happened to Peter. My name is Tony Stark for those of you who are unaware. Peter was very dear to me and most of you as well. For those of you who didn't know him... I'm sorry. He was a light in even the darkest days. He never hurt, judged, or betrayed anyone. He made us all smile even when we were depressed and hopeless, but there was a huge secret he had to hide from everyone. Peter was Spiderman. He was the person keeping New York safe and in the end, he was the one who had to wear the Infinity Gauntlet for the last time. He saved not just Earth, but the entire universe. But I can't help but wish that it hadn't been him. It could have been anyone else but instead, it had to be Peter Parker. I doubt there was another person who was strong enough to do what he did." It was silent for a moment as the room tried to absorb all of the information that had just been thrown on them. 

"What are you talking about? I saw Peter a few days ago."

Muahahaha

Please comment and leave feedback. 

Requests:

Yo homies. It's been a minute. Wassup with you guys? How's school or work? Any good news?Anything you need to vent about? Any conspiracy theories that will mess with my brain so I pull another all-nighter?