particle accelerator

In this one-shot, Peter was born in the DC universe. Barry and Peter are the same age.

Peter's father had worked at Star Labs for four years when a miracle happened. They realized they could create the particle accelerator that had only been a theory for so many years. Of course, Peter attended the reveal, but upon arrival had to help a couple catch someone who stole a computer bag.

On the way back Peter had seen a group of kids messing with something in an alleyway.

"What are you doing back there," he had asked worried about their safety. After closer inspection, he saw them messing with a spider and its delicate web.

"Leave the poor thing alone. It didn't do anything to hurt you." The kids ran off giggling. Peter shook his head with a long sigh. He leant down and picked the spider up to put it back on the web which was missing a large chunk.

"Sorry about that. Some people are so rude." Peter spoke to the spider as if it was a person he had just met.

He was shocked however when a large shaking feeling went through the ground and an orange light flashed over his head. He felt himself fall sideways and his head collide with the pavement. As his vision went dark he faintly saw the spider crawling on him.

*** Present Time

Peter pried his eyes open and flinched at the bright light shining in his eyes. Three people stood over him. Their voices sounded muffled in his ears. 

"He's been knocked out for the last nine months. Don't stress him out too much Cisco." Peter moved his eyes between the three. One was a woman with long brown hair and kind eyes, the other a tan man with majestic black hair, and the other was a tall man with concern in his eyes.

What had Peter gotten himself into this time?