Bad Omen

Hello everyone! I have several chapters I've thought about publishing but none of them seem quite good enough so consider it lucky that this one is seeing the light of day. Now without further adieu... Peter Parker everyone.

At first, it seemed like a coincidence that he showed up every time something went wrong. He was a strange presence that went unnoticed by most, but to Peter, he stood out like a sore thumb. As a child, Peter had thought of the man as one of the monsters that liked to hide in the closet and under the bed. Whenever Peter tried to tell his parents, they would share the same look as when he tried to tell them about the dinosaurs that ate all the cookies. 

However, for once, it wasn't all his imagination. The next time he saw the man was the day his parent's plane went down. Then when Flash shoved his head down a toilet and he almost drowned and again when the piano fell out of the upstairs window and was a foot away from crushing him as he watched them pull the unfortunate soul from underneath. He had become a bad omen.

He'd begun dreading the days when the man would appear again, but then he received the spider bite at Oscorp that strange day. For a while, he was lucky enough not to see the man. He counted the days, months, and eventually, it had been over a year since the man had made an appearance. He'd never gone this long without seeing him and it made his skin crawl every time he thought he saw the familiar hair color. 

And then he saw him. This time it was a picture on the news. His name was Bucky Barnes, a superassassin that happened to be best friends with Captain America. Well, that was before he'd been taken by Hydra. 

Peter wracked his brain as to why Bucky Barnes would follow him, but he came up with nothing. He pondered over it for days and anxiety began to build in his stomach from not knowing. 

Then he showed up at his door with Captain America and Sam Wilson asking him to come without them. He took a long look into the man's eyes as he nodded at him. 

"Fine, but I'm going to need some answers."

"You'll have them." Peter wasted no time in grabbing his suit and following them out to their conspicuous car waiting on the street below.

"This supposed to be hiding in plain sight?" Mr. Barnes let out a low chuckle from the seat beside him. Peter jumped, having never heard the noise before.

"I suppose you should sit down for this, but you're already sitting so I'll just get on with it. I think you're my son." Peter could have sworn his vision went black for a minute as he choked on his own spit. "Yeah, that's a pretty good reaction for this situation."

"What makes you think you're my dad? Last time I checked my dad was dead and his name was Richard Parker. So if you're joking then you're a royal asshat." Bucky paled significantly at his remark. 

"Picture it, Sicily 1922-" Sam was shut up by a slap to the back of the head. 

"Anyways before I was so rudely interrupted, I found out from a file that was hidden in a HYDRA base in Prague. I hadn't meant to run across it, but it was like destiny. So then I hunted you down and managed to get a DNA strand without your knowledge. The results came back positive." Peter couldn't help but shake his head in disbelief. After all these years of mourning a father he'd barely known, suddenly, he had a new one whom he'd never met. 

"Do you have the official results? I think I need to see those before my brain gets over this hump." He hadn't even finished his sentence before Bucky was pulling out a yellow folder.

"You can take a look over them if you like." Peter scanned the papers and felt his brain lag as he stared dumbfounded at the definitive results before him. 

"You've known all this time?"

"Yes," Bucky said almost ashamedly looking down at his lap. " I needed to get away from Hydra and get a handle over myself before introducing myself to you. I'm only sorry that it took this long to get to this point."

Silence fell over them as Peter's mind tried to process all this information. "So now here we are..."

"How about a road trip?" 

"Only if we stop at Burger King?" 

"Kid, you drive a hard bargain. You got yourself a deal."

"Let's get on the road then. Are you sure this is a good idea? Two supersoldiers, a tiny spider child, and Sam in a car together for over 24 hours?"

"I think as long as there are less than two shootouts then we'll be ok." 

"Wow, we're setting some pretty high standards then."

Please comment and leave suggestions and feedback. Hope you had a great holiday season and a good new year.