Obsessive Worry

WARNING: This chapter contains talk of mental illnesses such as OCD, Anxiety, and Depression. It also may possibly have mentions of self-harm and self-deprecating thoughts. This chapter is pretty gruesome, to be honest. 

This topic hits really close to my heart. I hope that anyone who reads this who struggles with mental disorders like I do to please reach out and get help. I am open to taking messages if you need someone to vent to and I guarantee that I will respect your privacy and any personal matters. Please know that you are all loved and cared about. I love each and every one of you. If it was possible I would give you hugs through the screen. You all are wonderful and worth the world to me. Please love yourself just as much as I do. 

After the accident with Ben, Peter was never the same. All he could feel was the blood on his hands like a disease that killed him more and more every day. He washed his hands and then he would continue to scrub until his hands were dry, cracking, and bleeding. They always healed after a few hours but normally Peter couldn't wait that long to wash them again. 

He carried a large container of hand sanitizer with him wherever he went. He was afraid to touch other people in fear that the disease that was his own thoughts would contaminate them. When Aunt May noticed the changes in her nephew she had seen enough. 

She had simply told him that it was all in his head. She told him that he was spoiled and that he should be able to choose his actions. That everything he did was just an excuse. She told him when he stayed up all night worrying that he was just making things up and that he would be a burden to everyone around him. 

His friends were constantly reassuring him in hopes that maybe he would be happy again, but he was a shell of the person he used to be. He was always trapped in his own thoughts or freaking out about the littlest of things, but his friends did not give up. They knew where he was and where he would end up if he didn't get the help that he so desperately needed. 

Soon they began confirming that Peter made it to his weekly therapy appointments. They always double-checked that his pills were being taken and even demanded that he started taking them right in front of them for proof. They brought him food and wouldn't let him go to his classes until they were sure he had eaten. But then the breakdown happened. 

Peter went home just as he normally did and after a stressful patrol as Spiderman, he came in through the window. He pulled off his suit but as he held his mask in his hands he began to see things. The red liquid dripped from his hands down to the carpet. He panicked and began to gag as he saw felt it run between his fingers. He rushed to the bathroom and began to scrub desperately at his hands but it seemed that the more he scrubbed the more blood there was. It was all over the mirror and the walls. It had begun to make it's way down his face and it dripped on the floor. (Sorry I know it's pretty harsh)

He scrubbed his hands so hard that his fingers began to break one by one until he was sobbing on the floor. By the time the blood was gone Peter was left with three broken fingers and his own blood underneath his fingernails. He wailed as he felt a rush of pain go through him like a tidal wave. 

Within seconds his aunt was rushing through the door. She stopped and gaped for a moment when she saw the gruesome scene. The entire bathroom counter was covered in blood and Peter had several fingers that were bent in odd directions and his arms and hands were covered in scratches that he had never meant to leave. 

~Time Skip~

Peter had been rushed to the hospital but instead of the normal emergency room bed, he was left in the psych ward. Thankfully he had the room all to himself because he didn't know how he would handle someone else seeing him in this condition. 

He could hear the arguing coming from outside the door. Mr. Stark had finally arrived. 

"He is just making excuses. That or maybe he's been hit upside the head too much," Aunt May insisted in her usual accusatory tone of voice. 

"He is struggling with himself. His disorder is serious. He needs love and care during times like this. All you'll do is make this worse. He's coming home with me where he can be cared for by someone that won't treat him like some psychopath. He is completely normal. He just needs to be given the right kind of care. Now go home or my lawyer may be calling you soon." Maybe things would get better. It wasn't like things could get any worse.

Do you want a part 2 where the Avengers tell him about their personal mental health issues? Did you like this kind of content? 

Please comment and leave feedback.