Moments Where Peter is Scared of Bugs

This chapter is basically just a collection of Peter being afraid of bugs so... there will be Tony and Steve as Peter's dads in this. 

When you see this symbol ~ that means that a new moment is starting. 

~

Peter had been just fine all the way up until two in the morning watching vine compilations, playing Fortnite, and talking with Shuri on facetime so when he hung up with her finally he decided he would stay awake just a while longer. He decided to brush his teeth anyways because he knew that he would be too lazy to get up and do it later. Once he's in bed there is nothing that could make him overcome his teenage angst and move. Big mood Karen. 

But as he went to go to the bathroom he saw something move across the floor in front of him. He stopped and his eyes widened. Sitting in front of him was a cockroach that stared up at him with his beady little eyes and antennas that were the equivalent of the devil's horns. 

He let out a high pitched shriek and darted out of his room slamming the door behind him (with his Barney slippers of course). He went directly to his dads' room. He pounded on the door frantically and called their names. Steve opened the door with wide eyes and a concerned expression. 

"Pete what's going on? Is everything all right?" Tony came from behind Steve rubbing his eyes and checking the boy for any injuries. 

"Um- Oh-Help," Peter attempted to speak but felt like he was on the verge of passing out from hyperventilating. Tony and Steve pulled him into a hug and patted his back while giving words of comfort to the scared boy. 

"Take us so we can see," Tony said after thinking for a moment. Steve stopped to grab his shield on the way out the door. 

So there they went at two in the morning. Steve wearing only his iron man pajama pants, Tony in his silk pajamas, and Peter in his Hello Kitty matching pajama set. They were an odd sight to say the least. 

Tony was surprised when Peter led him straight to his room. They opened the door cautiously and looked in and were shocked to see nothing there at all. They turned to ask the boy what they were supposed to be looking for, but Peter started to shriek again. They almost jumped out of their skin when his shrieks cut into the silence like a knife. 

Tonys heart finally calmed down when he noticed the cause for the commotion. He stepped on the cockroach and like magic Peter sagged in relief. Steve and Tony felt a pang of guilt resonate through their chests as they realized that in all the years they had spent together they had never known that he was afraid of bugs. 

He sobbed and almost seemed to break in half as he fell forward to cry on Steve's chest. All they could do was rub his hair and whisper kind things to him.  

Tony was already prepared to make sure Peter didn't have to deal with anymore bugs if that's what it took for him to be happy. 

~

Peter was told by his dads that the rest of the Avengers would be coming to stay with them for a while. Peter didn't know quite what to expect from them. His dads had said nothing but good things about them and Peter knew they were heroes but he couldn't help but feel nervous about how everything would change with all the new people. 

The three definitely had their fair share of secrets to hide and Peter knew that his dads weren't fond of the idea of revealing his secret identity to anyone else. 

They didn't even know exactly when the team would arrive so they went about their schedules as usual. Peter went to school just as he always did, but when he arrived home he was met with several new roommates. 

"So you must be the Avengers, huh?" The people sitting on the couch snapped their heads around to look at him. 

"I'm pretty sure a toddler has snuck into your tower Tony," said Sam with a chuckle. 

"This is our son Peter, and he's sixteen for your information. Peter already knows you guys very well. He's a bit of a fan," Tony said with his signature smirk. 

"Dad," Peter whined. Tony was the kind of dad that showed everyone your baby pictures from when you took baths with rubber duckies and ridiculous amounts of bubbles. 

A couple of weeks passed by in a flash for the whole team. They had finally settled in and had spent some quality time with one another. Between death threats (caused by UNO games gone horribly wrong and Clint cheating at Monopoly), crying (they watched 'The Notebook'), and a lot of laughs Peter had grown to love every single one of them dearly, but he still was too embarrassed to tell them about his little fear. 

Thankfully after Tony had hired someone to spray the doorways and window sills with bug poison there hadn't been another incident. Peter had even stopped thinking about it after a while. 

So when he came to family game night that Tuesday evening he hadn't been expecting anything to be different. And it was fine until Clint showed up with his new 'pet' grasshopper. 

Peter's eyes went wide and his mouth opened to scream but nothing came out. He began to gasp and sweat dripped down his forehead as he began to hyperventilate. Clint turned around joyfully to show him the bug he had found. 

"Look at i- Peter are you alright?" Clint stopped midsentence and immediately went down into a crouch beside the boy. 

"It's- I- Um-Clin-" Peter could form a full word as it seemed like his mind was in a frenzy. He couldn't seem to be able to finish a thought. 

"Clint you idiot it's the grasshopper. Take it outside," said Natasha with atone of understanding. "It's ok little Stark. We're all afraid of something, even me." She ruffled his hair and gave him one of her rare smiles. 

Peter was surprised. It had even taken his dad's longer to understand then that. Natasha spoke with a warmth that Peter hadn't ever heard before. It was the tone of a mother. Finally Tony made an appearance.

"JARVIS alerted me. Are you ok?" He stopped in his tracks when he saw the way Natasha comforted Peter like a child. "I guess I shouldn't have been so worried. #MomMaterial."

Please comment and leave feedback. Don't shun me if I don't answer you next week and if I'm inactive as I said in my last chapter I'm having surgery on Monday and I'll be on strong painkillers for 3-4 days afterwards so...