Death of a Hero

WARNING: Suicide and pure angst

Requested by @begoneMcthotter 

The entire school sat in the auditorium waiting for the important announcement. Nobody knew what was going on. Their eyes went big as they saw Tony Stark walk to the middle of the floor. He had a solemn expression on his face that no one had ever seen before. 

"Last night we all lost someone. A superhero, a classmate, family, and a friend. Peter Parker committed suicide at 11:29 PM. He dedicated his life to being Spiderman. He saved everyone even those who mistreated him. Last night I lost my son. I lost one of the only pieces of light left in my life. My heart is broken and I don't know if it can be rebuilt." All of the kids turned to look at each other with heartbroken shock. Some of them had expressions of realization as certain situations seemed to make sense. 

Everyone had judged him for the things he wasn't able to do or the times he had to leave but none of them had ever realized that he had been saving them this whole time. 

"Does anyone want to say anything?" The principal stood next to Tony knowing that some of the students probably needed to get stuff off their chest. No one had expected Flash to be the first person to stand and raise his hand. He walked with his head down to take the microphone.

"I was a bully. Especially to Peter Parker. He was so much better than me and all I wanted to do was to be like him. To be as smart as him, as nice as him, and just as selfless. I wish I could be saying sorry to him right now but maybe if I say it enough he'll hear me. Peter, I'm sorry," his voice broke as he apologized to the boy who had been lost too soon. He walked to his seat shamefully but was surprised when he got there. Ned pulled him into a hug.

"He understood. He has always forgiven you," and then he walked and took the microphone. "Peter Parker was my best friend. When I felt like no one liked me he always made me feel important. I remember when we were going to the movies and it was the only free time he'd had for the entire month, but when he saw an elderly lady struggling to carry her groceries he apologized to me and then took her all the way home. Then he cooked her dinner and helped her clean house and do the dishes. That's just the kind of person he was. He would have given away everything to make someone else happy," he began to sob. He stumbled back to his seat where he and Flash began to cry together. 

Deadpool was the last one to take the mic. "Peter Parker was the love of my life. I wish I could say I love you one more time. No, scratch that. There is not a number of times that could be enough. He was my morning and my night, my moon and my sun. He always was with me for every Taco Tuesday. I couldn't have fallen in love with anyone better. He will never leave my mind."

Please comment and leave feedback.

Requests?