The Reaper's Glance

Death is invisible to the eye until the clock tolls for the last time.  It creeps upon you, and you can't see it until it already has you wrapped in its eternal embrace. 

Peter was the only one who could see it. It followed many around and he could do nothing to ignore it. He learned many things from the mumbling of the reapers about the people they followed.  Keeping it secret was impossible and he spent much of his time answering questions from many people hoping for answers he wasn't comfortable giving. Telling people only made them paranoid and prohibited them from living the same life they always had.

They classified him as a mutant, but he didn't think even genetic factors could play into something like this. Eventually, he needed to get away from the people who knew about him so he moved to Queens, New York, in hopes of a new life without the madness. 

He had only been living in New York for two weeks, had just started at a new school and made new friends, and was getting used to his new life when Director Fury knocked on his door. Fury offered him safety from HYDRA in exchange for his hacking skills. Peter's only condition was that no one could know about his ability and that he wouldn't give them any information using his mutant abilities. Fury had reluctantly agreed. 

Peter had been working for SHIELD for two years when he received the call from Fury. He went to Fury's office as usual but what he hadn't been expecting was to run into the Avengers. 

Natasha Romanoff and Tony Stark were standing less than five feet in front of him but for some reason, all he could think was 'he's shorter than I'd imagined." Peter simply walked past the two and jumped to sit on top of Fury's desk. Fury had sighed but knew by that point that Peter knew nothing about personal space. Natasha and Tony gave one another a look as Fury just kept speaking. 

"This is Agent Hades. He works for SHIELD as a hacker and informational analyst. He'll be assisting us with this case. We have no chance of finding Jamison (random name) if we don't lure him out.  In this case, Hades will act as bait." The two looked at one another skeptically. 

"Whoopee I love being bait! Maybe this time I'll get shot instead of stabbed. That would spice things up a bit." Regrettably, Peter said this just as the rest of the team walked in. 

"Should we be concerned?" Bruce didn't waste any time to ask important questions. 

"No more than usual," Fury replied monotonously. 

"Oh joy. Now we have the whole gang together. We're like a better version of a Suicide Squad. Like the Sexy Slaughter Squad, you know?"

Ok, I'm gonna be real with you guys and if you don't want to read my sad rant then you can just skip this. I apologize ahead of time for ending this on a negative note. 

Basically, these last few months have been some of my worst. I come from school to cry and no matter how much I beg I have to go back again the next day. I struggle with really bad anxiety, and it makes it really hard to go to school and also to get a healthy amount of sleep. I have been struggling with an eating disorder for a while now (my family and I have talked about it) and my weight is constantly fluctuating. I've been having some issues with some kids at school and I know that you're supposed to kill them with kindness, but no matter how much I help them with their homework and I compliment them and try to be the better person they say hateful things that make my heart hurt. I've really been struggling with my mental health in general and updating seems like such a chore when I want to be sleeping and not thinking about everything. 

Sorry to end the chapter so negatively and I know these things aren't an excuse for not writing but maybe it'll make it a little more understandable.