Cancer Part 3

Today's forecast has a 100% chance of tears and wanting to go into a food coma... angst

Death isn't something that is always expected, but Peter had known for a while now that it was coming. It was creeping up on him whether he was ready or not. He lay in the bed that he already knew would be his last place on the earth. He was surrounded by doctors 24/7 until his last day. 

He had woken that morning with the knowledge that it would be his last. He couldn't explain even if he tried, it was a feeling that was unknown to the rest of the population. He knew that he wanted to spend his last moments with the family that SHIELD had unknowingly gifted him. 

They all sat next to the bed where he struggled to breathe and keep his eyes open. His lungs had been struggling for what felt like the longest time, but in reality, it was only the last year and a half or so. They sat quietly at the corner of the room as Peter struggled to stay awake leaving him and Tony to say their last goodbyes. 

"Dad," Peter rasped, "Can you hold me? Just until I fall asleep." Early on they had agreed they would call 'it' falling asleep so Peter wouldn't have to think about it as often but in his last moments it was the only things left on his mind. "I'm scared. They say it's peaceful and it doesn't hurt, but it HURTS Dad. I don't want to go, Dad, I don't wanna go." Tony felt his heart shatter as he looked into his son's eyes as the light started to fade away from the sparkling orbs. Suddenly he hasn't tensed anymore.

"Peter," he asked panicked. 

"Dad he's here. He'll hold me until you get here. I'm not scared anymore. I'm ready to go now. My friend will keep me company until the time comes. I love you Dad." (It's obviously old man steve and all his wise old person wisdom)

This has no specific religion tied to it so just imagine it as you want it. I accept all and you are all equally amazing. If you don't believe in religion then it's my good friend Chad.

Please comment and leave feedback. 

Requests: