Cancer

Peter went to the doctor by himself that day. He didn't want to worry his dads if it wasn't a big deal. He'd been feeling sick for the last several months and feeling uncomfortable pain but chose to convince himself he had the flu or a stomach bug. He went into the doctors office with a smile on his face but when he left he wasn't smiling anymore. He had leukemia. Even his spider DNA and fast healing couldn't stop cancer. It seemed to want to make him another casualty in its neverending war.

He dreaded when he would have to tell his family the news, but he never expected the reaction. He had never seen Natasha cry. She seemed like a stone statue that refused to show people her pain. He remembered crying himself to sleep that night. He remember all of the tears and pain his family showed that night. He knew that he didn't have much time left. He decided to make a list of everything he wanted to do before his time was up.

Peter's List of Crazy:

1. Tell Wade you like him.

2. Make the Avengers watch vines.

3. Have a lightsaber fight with Shuri.

4. Pogo Stick down the road in front of the tower.

5. Swim in a pool of in orange juice.

His list wasn't complicated and he had no doubt that he would finish it. Some of them would be slightly difficult but he knew they would be possible. He wasn't sure about how to do the first one but he was determined to figure it out.

#2

Peter crazily smiled as he sat the Avengers down in front of the flat screen. He had so kindly made a fine compilation that was 2 hours long.  It started with 'Fuck your Chicken Strips' and ended with 'I could've dropped my croissant.' He had never heard them as loudly as they did then. Peter almost cried when it was over. He had crossed out his first thing.

#4

He had managed to find a pogo stick in Thors neverending closet of doom. It was neon pink but it would work for its purpose.

He had changed into his Spiderman suit for the occasion. It was more than a little noticable when he came hopping down the middle of the street. People honked and stopped to lean out their windows. People from the side walk stopped to stare at him in confusion. He almost giggled at some of their expressions.

#1

Peter stood nervously in front of Wade's locker waiting for him to arrive. Peter was holding a sign that said 'Boyfriend or Nah?' Peter almost passed out when he walked through the door. He turned the sign around to show the writing as Wade approached him.  Wade's eyes grew wide and he jumped up and down screaming. 

"Its almost like the author knew I was in love with you!"

#3

Peter stood across of Shuri with his Darth Vader mask. Shuri had managed to create working lightsabers for them to use. They looked at one another intensely as Wade and Clint started throwing fruit at them. The swing wildly at the falling fruit.

You could faintly hear yelling as one of them cut open a watermelon. By the time they were done they were covered in chunks of fruit and had watermelon juice dripping off their faces.

#5

Peter had managed to fill the entire pool on the 74th floor with orange juice. He had to order it in bulk.

He had changed into his swim trunks and hesitantly stepped into the freezing cold juice. He laughed as swam out into the middle of the pool. He felt it rise up to his chin.

Peter Parker died three months later. His last words were 'Uncle Ben?' Tony had spread Peter's ashes over the Atlantic ocean as Peter had requested. He would forever watch over New York City.

Please comment and leave feedback. Please leave requests for pride month!