Salute

No one at Midtown High knew where Peter had gone. He had disappeared during the middle of the school year and it had now been months since the last time they had seen him. Whenever they asked about him the teachers pretended they had no idea what they were talking about. Within a few months, most of the school had forgotten that he ever existed. Every picture or mention of him was gone as if it had never existed. The Decathalon team never forgot. They kept a group chat where they discussed theories and ideas about his disappearance. They kept an eye out for his return, but they knew that it was likely that they would never find him again and that they would eventually have to forget about him entirely. 

Months passed and then a year, but Peter was still gone and they had no developments. They considered going to the news with the story but then mysterious notes from people who knew too much began to arrive at strange moments. They learned that going public was not an option unless they wanted to dig an early grave. So they tried to move on. They tried to forget. 

Finally, it was time for the Decathalon Team's big field trip. They were going to the military base that was only a few hours away. It seemed like an uninteresting field trip but they were thankful to be out of class for the day. 

When they arrived they were given pre-made badges. After going through a metal detector and a pat-down they were on their way. Inside the base, there were soldiers going through their normal daily routines. 

"This is the Xavier 001 training room. This is where they train and condition the mutated trainees who specialize in infiltration and special ops." Their tour guide, Emily, waved her arm gesturing to the training room which seemed to be full at the moment. 

"Parker! I know for a fact you can do more than a hundred pull-ups. Get to work!"  Emily shouted jokingly at the boy who was doing pull-ups in front of the group. The boy lifted his head up to joke with her when all of the color drained from his face. 

"Peter?" Ned spoke with a weak voice that seemed to almost be out of hope. 

"This is going to be hard to explain."

~Time skip~

They had moved the group to an empty meeting room. Ned and MJ made sure that their eyes never left Peter for fear of him disappearing again. Soon they were all signing disclosure agreements and then sitting around the table waiting for the long-awaited explanation. 

"You're probably wondering how I got here. Basically I was recruited by the government by recommendation of SHIELD. They noticed my mutated abilities which are similar to that of a spider. These abilities make me highly useful for special operations and undercover work. So I disappeared and left nothing behind in hopes that it would help me blend in during my operations. I needed to leave no trace and have no background. So I was hoping that you all would just forget about me. My training never fully got to begin. I was captured and moved to Hydra Base 0942. I spent seven months as a prisoner in this base before I was rescued by Team Double Cross. I now am completing my training in the hope that I can become a SHIELD agent."

"We were your friends. You just left. But I think I can understand now. You're going to save people."

"We'll miss you, Peter."

"I'm not Peter anymore."

Please comment and leave feedback. 

How is everyone doing? I know with everything going on that a lot of people have been hurt. Please stay safe and stay healthy. Keep up the good work. Let's all spread kindness and positivity. Just stay safe and remember that I love you all. 

                                                                                                                          -LEX