Just a Memory Part 2

Peter wasn't expecting to go back. To live on Earth again. He was shocked as he felt pain go through his body for the first time in a while. It seemed to be the only thing he could feel. He dragged himself off the ground and looked around.

He was surprised to see that he was in Walmart. He could see the shelves and the signs. He groaned as he limped down the isle. His eyes rapidly blinked as tried to adjust to the bright lights overhead.

He looked down to see he was wearing a hoodie and jeans, but no shoes. He instead had on a pair of Hello Kitty socks. He groaned, but couldn't help chuckling.

He left the store and could immediately see the busy New York traffic. He walked over to a nearby news stand and checked the date. He was astonished when he saw it had only been a month since everyone else had come back from the soul stone. In the afterlife it felt like years.

He was even more surprised when he realized his bus pass was in this pocket. He hurried to get on the next bus. He knew that there was a stop near Avengers Tower.

The bus was empty seeing as it was near eleven o'clock at night. The bus driver was an old man with hair as white as snow. Peter sat in the front seat bouncing his knee up and down. As he saw the stop come up he stood up. He turned to the bus driver as he got off.

"Thank you," he looked at the man's badge, "Mr. Lee." The bus driver gave him a wave and a smile.

Peter rushed into the tower and ran up the 80 flights of stairs to the main Avengers floor. He stopped at the top gasping for breath. To his surprise the Avengers were all sitting at the dinner table. None of them were talking and no one was actually eating. They all looked so depressed. Peter's heart stopped as he saw Tony. He looked like a corpse. He had bags under his eyes, pale skin, and looked like he hadn't showered in months. Even Steve looked sad. None of them seemed to even be awake. Peter took a deep breath before moving forward.

"Sorry. I'm a little late." All of their heads snapped up and Tony's eyes widened as he took in the sight of the teen. He blinked several times before pinching himself on the wrist as if trying to see if he was dreaming.

The other Avengers looked at him confused. They all were wondering who this random person who just walked into their house was.

Tony sobbed before running forward and pulling Peter into a hug. "Peter! Where have you been?" He was yelling. Peter felt his heart break at the sound of Tony's voice. The Avengers eyes widened as they realized who the boy was.

"Well I died and then I stayed dead, and now I'm back again. Don't ask me why. I couldn't tell you. Let's just say Pietro misses you Wanda." The woman's eyes widen and then filled with tears. She began to sob. She ran forward and pulled the teen and billionaire into a big hug.

Soon everyone had joined in on the hug. They all were together and though it was sweaty and none of them smelled very good it felt like home. For the first time in a while everything was perfect. If only they knew what was to come.

Please comment and leave feedback! Also please vote! Thank you!