Coffee Shop Romance

First of all... 1M reads! Thank y'all so much for everything you've done to help my writing dreams come true. I want to apologize for being AWOL so much. Life has been keeping me busy and mental health has been keeping me unmotivated. I know I probably missed some of the notifications you've all left me but if you have anything I haven't responded to then you can leave me a new message in my inbox so I can address any requests, questions, or concerns. Thank you all for continuing to be understanding.

WARNING: Spideypool

Notes: Peter is openly Spiderman and tells others that he's mutated.

Peter had been slinging webs and saving lives for the last two years all while balancing school and his social life. However, now that he was graduated from high school he had a whole summer before his first semester of college at NYU. At first, everything seemed too empty... too desolate. He was used to being the overachiever that never had a moment to breathe or even think on his own. Even between spending time at the tower whenever he felt like hanging out with one of the Avengers and being a superhero at night, things seemed too slow and monotonous. With all of this extra time, he began to ruminate over things far too much. He'd never allowed himself to stop long enough to crumble from his past-trauma but all of this time was going to be the end of him. He would be sitting in bed mid-morning when the self-deprecating and haunting thoughts would creep into his consciousness and then after blacking-out from the panic he would wake up with a headache and a pit in his stomach that never subsides. This became his routine for over two weeks until Peter decided he'd had enough.

So he set out to find a job to fill his open mornings. He looked to see if any local donut shops or cafes had openings for a new part-timer with a fluctuating schedule. He was lucky to find an open position at a little hole in the wall shop that was directly on the route he took from his new apartment to the tower. This turn of events, quite frankly, left everyone addled. Regardless, they had learned from the way he closed down when their questions became too invasive that it was best just to wait until he came to them with his concerns. 

So he threw himself into work. His first few days seemed astonishingly humane. He'd met many of the shop's regular customers and had begun to make friends and form closer relationships with the people he would be seeing on a frequent basis. He came in on his fourth day just as per usual. He cleaned everything and set out the ingredients for the day and also got the cash drawer prepared for the morning rush. The shop was pretty slow for the first hour or so until a loud voice broke the comfortable atmosphere. 

"Well isn't it a great day for some smoking hot beans in a cup?" He seemed oddly familiar in his bright black and red suit that was fitted from skintight leather that seemed to make him even more outlandish to all passersby. He paused almost comically as he saw Peter standing behind the counter. If it had been a movie or fanfiction it would have been a slowmotion scene where a perfectly timed breeze would ruffle Peter's hair and his toned arms would flex as he wrote down his number on a cup with a wink.

The suited man clutched his chest with a high pitched shriek and staggered over to the corner as if enebriated. 

"Since when was there a scrumptious, yummy, beautiful, perfect snack like you here?" Peter was convinced that if he hadn't been wearing a mask that he would have paired it with a wink. 

"Since Tuesday," Peter deadpanned. 

"And what's my chances of taking you on a date tonight, honey bunny?" Peter stopped with wide eyes. In all of his years of school he'd never been asked on a date, and he felt entirely unprepared to handle this situation.

So in a moment of nervous panic, "Yes?" The suited man did a fist pump in the air. 

"So I'm Wade and there'll be tacos, Coke perchance, and a fifty percent chance of us being ambushed by assassins who want revenge against me.... No takebacks! I'll pick you up at seven."

Peter smirked. "My name's Peter and my dad is Tony Stark. I should be telling you no takebacks." If only there'd been a camera to capture the look on his face.

6:52 PM/SAME DAY

"Do I wear the shoes that me look tall or the shoes that-"

"The black ones." Peter shot an appreciative look at Natasha who sat on the edge of his bed judging his outfit decisions. He hopped around from foot to foot trying to pull them on, but fell when he was startled by the sound of Jarvis' voice from the ceiling. "Wade is here for little spiderman." Peter groaned at the nickname that had been assigned to him and pulled himself off the floor. 

Natasha smirked playfully, "You'd think for a kid with superpowers you'd be a little more graceful." Peter merely stuck his tongue out before rushing out the door to meet his date. Tony met him halfway there with a cocked eyebrow. "Ah ah ah... now where do you think your going? You should know that I need to meet this date of yours." Peter could have cried when the thought crossed his mind that his father was about to open the door and come face to face with a masked vigilante. 

Peter waited with baited breathe as he opened the door. Wade waited on the other side dressed in a very different outfit than that morning. He wore a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved black tee that made his shoulders seem much wider. He paired his mask with a black baseball hat that sat atop his mask. 

"Mr. Stark, sir." Peter could have laughed at the mock seriousness as Wade tipped his hat. Tony didn't seem all that impressed. 

"Make sure he's home by midnight. If you hurt him then he gets to break you. Understood?" Wade gave a mock-salute as Peter walked out the door. "You got it, Chief." 

Peter waited until the elevator door was closed to burst into laughter. "Oh my god! His face was priceless!" The two shared a look and it only caused them to laugh harder. 

The first part of their date started with tacos at a taco truck. They laughed as the sat and ate on the edge of the sidewalk. Conversation was easy between the two as they bounced back and forth. They talked about everything from their favorite clothing brands all the way to their favorite Avenger. They both faced mutations and found that only continued to bring them even closer. It was like they fit together like puzzle pieces. What an interesting puzzle...