School to Duel

Peter walked briskly down the hallway in the hopes of making it to Professor Xavier's office before Logan had a fit. He could hear the team's loud voices from the end of the hall even with class going on. 

Knowing them there was probably a fight going on between Logan and Scott about whatever they could come up with on such short notice. They seemed to be able to argue about anything and everything that could possibly occur. 

He stopped in front of the door to hear Logan speaking loudly. "Why just him? He's still just a student. Send the whole team for God's sake instead of a fifteen-year-old boy." 

Peter knocked hesitantly on the doorframe before entering the room full of mutants and madmen (Logan earned that title after he blew up the microwave with Kurt). 

"I feel like whatever conversation I just overheard should be done with me in the room seeing as involves- say I don't know- me perhaps?" Logan and Professor looked over at him in surprise. Storm smiled knowingly at him. 

"Yes, that was unfair of us," the Professor stated with his familiar wise smiles. 

"The Professor has been asked to send you along with the Avengers for a stealth mission. Like without us." Logan's frown hadn't changed since he'd walked into the room. 

"I don't see the problem. You guys take me on missions all the time." 

"Normally you go with us, and not by yourself. It's also usually not with the world's most dangerous group of heroes. Your not an adult, and you shouldn't be by yourself. You need supervision," Logan stated protectively. 

"Well when I go to meet up with the team I'll be working with then you could meet them so that you know I'll be well taken care of. Then you won't worry so much. Maybe they'll even let you stay at the communications station during the mission. Sound good to you dad?" Peter teased him with a smirk but Logan's facial expression was still that of a concerned parent.

"If anything happens to you then I'll ground you for life. Got that?" Peter couldn't help but feel a warmth in his chest knowing that someone cared about an orphan like him. 

"I'll even try not to get shot this time if that helps at all?"

"Shut it smartass," Logan said already back to his gruff tone and stern expression. 

"If only I was like Colossus and couldn't be harmed by all of the men with the scary shooty sticks."

~

Peter sat in the jet with Logan, Scott, Storm, Kurt, and the Professor in silence. Well, most people would find it oddly silent, but in reality, the Professor was communicating to them all through a mind link.

Their conversation was interrupted as the jet landed with a small thud. Peter felt his nerves spike at the thought of all the heroes and agents he was about to meet. He wasn't a big fan of being the center of attention. He exited the jet with the group to be met with a redheaded woman with a stern look. 

"You can call me Agent Romanoff. I'll be taking you to Director Fury for the briefing and Peter I'll be going on the mission with you. Though I'd assumed you'd be older- no offense."

"Oh my Thor. You're the Black Widow! You're so amazing and you are like so badass and oh my-" Peter rambled to her. 

"Breath kid or someone will have to carry you to the conference room." Natasha's face had turned to a kind smile when Peter had begun to ramble to her in his usual fashion. 

"Oh no. She's already fallen to the Parker charm. It's like he picks up parental figures everywhere we go. It's the eyes I think," Scott spoke jokingly. 

"Like you have any room to talk Scott. You treat him like an elementary schooler," interrupted Kurt with his deep accent. Storm and the Professor shared knowing looks behind the group as they finally arrived at the meeting room. 

As they entered the room everyone went silent. 

"So which one of you is the stealth expert?" Fury asked impatiently. 

"That would be me," said Peter stepping forward. Fury nodded and opened his mouth to continue when Tony interrupted. 

"When you said they were sending a stealth expert I wasn't expecting an elementary schooler." Peter and Logan scoffed at the same time and then sent one another a knowing look. 

"I'll vouch for him and guarantee that he is fully capable," stated the Professor with knowing eyes. "Perhaps more than even you Stark." Tony spluttered and moved as if to argue with him. 

"We don't have time for this. This mission is more urgent than we'd previously expected. I hope you're really good at your job kid because you're about to have to sneak into a highly organized terrorist base full of deadly explosives and armed agents. You're our only chance at stopping them from killing millions of people."

"Well shit," Logan cursed angrily. 

"Peter's been trained for these kinds of situations and his mutation gives him an advantage over everyone else you could find. He's skilled at stealth and close combat. It helps that he also is an MIT graduate at fifteen years old. " Storm spoke to Fury with her face that meant that she meant business.

"Then let's do this. Peter, how do you feel about cyanide?"

Please comment and leave feedback. 

Part 2?