Innocent

Wade is sixteen in this. If you guys want to karate chop me for not updating for a few weeks then feel free to do so. Cus whoopsies.

Peter shouldn't be as innocent as he is. He's a high school student in New York City but he still seemed as if he'd been sheltered from the world's horrors. That might be due to the fact that his father is an overprotective Tony Stark. 

With Tony's helicopter parenting, Peter had never dated, never made an inappropriate joke, and was the complete opposite of every other teenage boy he attended school with. Tony had been concerned that his sensitive soul would be crushed in public school but Peter had a band of faithful friends who helped to keep him away from shady characters and happenings. They'd named themselves the Peter Parker Protection Squad (PPPS for short). 

Peter was well known around school for his baggy, colorful sweaters, neon pink backpack, and bright smile. He brought joy to everyone he passed. Most of the school was in on the deal now. People would bring him cookies and always watched their language and censored certain topics around him. They'd learned that certain topics brought Peter quickly to tears. Once someone mentioned a murder that they'd seen in the news and they had to call Peter's father to take them home as he choked on his own tears. 

The Avengers had an obvious attachment to the boy. They were constantly around him and he even called them his aunts and uncles. 

"Ned! Ned! Do you want to share my cookie?" Peter was practically vibrating with excitement as he held up a sugar cookie with googly eyes on it. His eyes were shining and the surrounding crowd of teenagers felt their hearts melt a little. 

"Sure Pete. What else have you had to eat today?" Ned asked carefully. Peter was well known to live only on dessert if you didn't check him sometimes. 

"I had a turkey sandwich," Peter replied with a giggle. 

"Fair enough." Peter gave himself a high five with a giggle before breaking the cookie in half and giving the rest to Ned. Peter loved all of his friends dearly even if they did treat him like a child sometimes. 

Ned and Peter made their way to Happy's car so they could go to Avenger's tower. Happy waited in the front of the school as he always did, waiting for his favorite nephew. 

"How was your day bub?" Peter was vibrating with excitement as he began to hop up and down a little. 

"In science, we got to watch a documentary from Animal Planet! It was so cool and it had these adorable baby monkies." Happy drove with a content smile as he occasionally glanced at the boy rambling in the back seat. 

He responded appropriately when Peter stopped to take a breath between sentences. His fondness of the boy only grew as he listened to him ramble about baby monkeys for the entire twenty-minute drive. 

Peter waved giddily at Happy as he stepped out into the garage inside of Avengers tower. Ned corralled Peter into the elevator so they could go to the living floor. Peter spun in circles around the elevator, swinging his arms all the while. If Peter managed to sit still for all of a minute it was a miracle. 

As the elevator opened Ned immediately felt his heart drop at the sight of the familiar black and red leather suit. 'Deadpool,' he thought bitterly. How was he supposed to shelter Peter away from the most vile-mouthed person he'd ever met?

"And who might the pink little pumpkin dipped in honey be?" Tony felt himself die a little inside. 

"Why don't you come back another time Wade?" Wade smirked and his eyes held a mischievous glint that brought Tony absolutely no comfort. 

"So you don't want me to talk to him then?" Before the conversation could continue between the two could continue Peter bounded over with a wide grin. 

Wade felt his heart fill with warmth as he got a good look at the cute book dressed in a baggy pink sweater (complete with sweater paws ya'll). His smile was contagious. Oddly enough, he held a rubber ducky in his hands and everyone in the room was confused as to where it had come from seeing as he hadn't had it just moments before. 

"My name is Peter! I hope we can be friends and watch Disney movies together, play hide and seek, and-"

"Peter honey take a breathe," Tony's eyes held a fondness that was reserved for only Peter. Peter inhaled deeply. 

"I'm Wade. I came to have a meeting with your dad. I would love to watch Frozen with you sometime. I'll bring the tacos and you can bring the gummy bears." Tony was surprised. That was one of the only times Tony had heard Wade speak somewhat normal and without any curse words. He thanked the lucky stars for his luck.

But the moment he saw the look Wade was giving Peter and realized that he may be developing a slight crush, he knew had no hope left at all. 

Please comment and leave feedback. 

Requests: