Accidents Can Be Fatal

When Peter had gotten in his first car accident he had only had a driver's license for six months. He had been on his way home with rain pounding on his windshield and his headlights seemed to be dimmer than usual. He had to squint to see the lines in the road and it seemed like the trees were reaching out to grab him from where they leaned over the road. 

It seemed like hours as his car began to flip over and over again. He felt his neck pop and his back felt like it had snapped. He felt his eyes begin to water as the car finally hit the ground upside down. It seemed like only moments before red and blue lights were visible through the window. They pulled him out and he could hear someone letting out shrieking screams. It wasn't until several hours later when he had been on the morphine long enough that he realized they had been his own. 

He could hear Tony's voice as they pushed the stretcher into the ambulance. He felt his hand squeeze his and heard comforting words that did nothing to calm down his raging mind. 

He woke up the next day to see Tony slumped over the side of his bed asleep. Bruce, Natasha, Wade sat in chairs in different locations around the room. He smiled as he saw them all sleep. 

"Dad," he whispered. "Dad wake up." Tony's eyes fluttered open and widened when he saw Peter. 

"How are you? Do you feel okay? Do you need water? Food? To use the bathroom?" Peter giggled at Tony's ranting. 

He felt a cramp in his leg and was surprised when he couldn't move it. A look of panic crossed over his face. "Dad? What's wrong with my legs? Dad!" Tony started to sob. 

"They don't think you'll ever walk again."

There will be a happy ending. Just wait. Please comment and leave feedback. 

Requests: