Skinny

WARNING: This chapter includes an eating disorder and some depressing topics. if you are triggered by this than please don't read. if any of you are struggling with an issue like this just know that we're all here for you and you can message me anytime. 

Peter didn't remember when everything changed. Maybe it was when Aunt May didn't have enough money to feed both of them, or maybe when Flash would call him fat and hold him down and write the word on his forehead for the school to see. Maybe when he realized that nobody was gonna love him when he looked like this. 

First, he only ate one meal a day. With his metabolism, it felt like torture but he endured it. He lost over ten pounds within the month. The more he lost the more he wanted to lose. It became an obsession, but lying became difficult. May asked about it at dinner, MJ at lunch, Ned in class when his stomach growled. Eventually, you could count his ribs. 

Peter walked into the tower with a bright smile on his face. He was excited to work in the lab with Tony. They were building proto-type lightsabers. He walked into the lab and his smile quickly fell when he realized all the Avengers were there. Tony turned to the teen as he walked in with a bright smile. 

"Sorry, kid. I know I told you we would work on the lightsabers but we all need to get our yearly physicals." Peters's heart fell to his feet. He hoped it would just be quick blood pressure, weight, and height checkup. 

"Ok, Peter. Take off your shirt. We need to check for scoliosis." Peter's eyes widened.

"Can we just skip that test?" he asked hopefully. Bruce shook his head at him with a suspicious look. Peter turned to run away but was stopped by Clint simply pulling his shirt off (not in a weird way). 

"Hey! Give that back," exclaimed Peter. It was too late. Tony's eyes were wide with shock and grief as he saw Peter's ribs. He didn't say anything, just came forward and pulled him in for a hug. 

"I was there once too. It's nothing to be ashamed about. We'll help you," Tony said trying not to cry at the appearance of the boy he considered to be his son. Peter felt his heart swell with joy at the kind words. He had thought the man would be harsh and angry. Maybe things could be better. Or would he let the disease eat him alive?

Please comment and leave feedback. 

Requests: