With That Ass?

This chapter is mostly from Wade's point of view.

Wade's POV

Somehow I'd been convinced to go to this dinner with Colossus and the Fantastic Assholes. There is no doubt in my mind that this is another part of his and Cable's plan on making me into a superhero but, sadly, this is definitely not a redemption movie (but it is definitely a romance movie). 

The restaurant is definitely too nice to be remotely similar to somewhere I would be normally seen in, but I'd been bribed with free food and the secret to mortality (yes you heard that right).

So here I was, sitting in a stiff chair, in a blood-stained white shirt and beanie, in a five-star restaurant in Queens, New York on a perfectly good day for finding a new nemesis (but spoiler alert I'm about to find something way better... a cute boy).

We sat for only a moment until I heard our waiter approach. I don't bother to look up and continue reading my menu and playing a (totally reciprocated) game of footsie with Colossus. 

"Hi, my name is Peter and I'll be your server for today. What can I start you off with to drink?" A soft voice rang out from beside me and I can't stop myself in time from jerking my head up to look at him. He's ethereal and probably the closest anyone will ever get to being Ryan Reynold's level of perfection.

My mouth drops open as I see the way his sleeves have been rolled, allowing me to see his muscular arms that were the perfect accessory to his (way too) perfect face. 

"I'll take a tall glass of you with your number on the side." I could see his eyes widen as he looked at me. He looked me up and down and I feel a small sliver of insecurity wedge its way into the back of my brain. 

"I'm sorry but our rules don't allow us to give our phone numbers to the customers." Well, there went that rejection without a hitch. "But I can give it to you after my shift if you just so happen to be waiting outside in an hour. Which would be a total coincidence I hope," he continued with a wink. If I'd thought I was in love before I was certain now. He was perfect. He had perfect teeth, perfect hair, perfect eyes, and could stop my heart with a single wink. 

What universe do I live in that this creature would consider dating me? Namjesus is real.

3rd POV

Peter couldn't help but think of the man from earlier as he closed out his till and collected his things. His shift was finally over and his heart was drumming with anticipation at the thought of him possibly being outside waiting.

Wade was in a similar predicament. He stood with sweaty palms outside the restaurant (he'd been outside waiting for forty-five minutes just in case). His heart fluttered with anticipation and his heart drummed even harder as the clock struck ten. It would be any minute now.

Peter fixed his hair one more time before exiting the building. His heart stopped when he saw that the man from before was waiting on the sidewalk after all.  

They stared each other in the eyes for a moment. 

"So I'm single, and you're hopefully single too..." Peter started but was interrupted by Wade. 

"With that ass? I don't believe you're single."

Peter could tell this was going to work out very well. 

Please comment and leave feedback.