It Takes Some Time

This is dedicated to Lynniax

It's a Monday so I decided to give some much-needed joy. 

Peter smiled as MJ grabbed his hand and started swinging their arms happily. She smiled lovingly over at him and reached over to give him a quick peck on the lips. He smiled and moved his hand over to put a lock of her hair behind her ear. 

They sadly had to say their goodbyes as Peter departed for Chemistry class while she had Calculus. They waved at each other as they walked down opposite hallways being slowly covered by the crowds of students trying to make their way to class. Peter smiled as he saw Ned sitting in his usual seat. He pulled out the black plastic chair and sat down next to his best friend. 

Peter flinched and fell sideways out of his chair as he felt someone's hand lightly grab his shoulder. He heard several people gasp as his body hit the floor with a loud thud. He winced as his head slammed on the tile. He looked up to see Cindy standing there holding her hand out where his shoulder had just been. She stood frozen in shock looking down at him.

"Oh my God! Peter are you OK? Do I need to take you to the nurse? What can I-," Cindy was cut off as Peter spoke up. 

"It's ok Cindy. You just startled me." She nodded her face still covered in worry. She finally went back to her seat. 

"Freak." "Loser." "Attention Seeker."

Peter stiffened as he heard people start to whisper about him, Flash's voice was the loudest.  Peter sighed as he thought about the problems that he faced. None of them knew that after the building collapsed on him he couldn't handle physical contact with strangers. Ned, MJ, Tony, and Pepper were the only ones he trusted enough to be close to them. It also didn't help that May had passed away several months ago. The only thing that helped him through the tragedy was Tony and Pepper letting him live with them.

Tony and Pepper had become like family. They helped with his grief and anxiety. They had shared many movie nights, pranks, and late night Walmart runs. He seemed to be at peace with them. He had never told them but he viewed them as the parents he never really had. 

Peter was happy when school was over and he skipped out of the building smiling as he saw Tony's car sitting by the curb waiting for him as to usual. He pulled the door open, throwing himself into the back seat. Tony laughed as he saw the kid land sideways. 

"Where's Pepper, Mr.Stark?" 

"We're going to be making a small trip to the tower so you can meet some of my friends." Peter's eyes widened as he realized what he meant. Tony laughed as he saw his son having a fanboy moment in the backseat. 

~Time Skip~

Peter happily skipped into the Avenger's common floor. He was followed by a now slightly tired billionaire. 

"Peter, did you have sugar or something?" Peter shook his head quickly in response.

"I'm just having a sugar high because of life," said Peter excitedly. 

"That makes no sense!" They both froze as they realized the Avengers were sitting in the living room staring at them. Peter hid behind Tony's back like a small child waiting for Tony to introduce him. 

"SUp fellow Avengers- oh GoD PetER YoUr WEird SPeEch is infeCTing mE- this is Peter. He is Spider-Boiiiii. I brought him here to meet the squad. Peter is a precious child. If Peter died I would kill everyone in this room and then myself. (I think that's how it goes?)" The Avengers burst into laughter as Tony spoke. 

"Nice to meet you kid. I'm Bucky Barnes. We fought each other... threw some metal signs, ya know? Sorry for that by the way. Hope we can be friends. I assume you know the rest of them as well?" Peter nodded shyly. (I'm sorry I don't know what I'm writing at this point. I feel like I have been visited by the plague fairy.)

~Time Skip~ 

They had decided to stay for dinner with the Avengers. Steve and Bucky had made homemade pizza and it smelled like it was made by the gods themselves. When Peter took a bite out of the pizza he realized that he would have to come over dinner at least once a week. 

He was so focused on the pizza that he didn't realize Natasha was trying to get his attention. He flinched as she put her hand on his arm. He slightly moved away. The Avengers all noticed but chose not to mention it. 

~Time Skip~ 

The Avengers had all noticed that anytime one of them even accidentally bumped into Peter he would flinch or jump. The look in his eyes made them all feel very sad. They could tell that this kid had been through hell in his lifetime.  Almost six months later, Bruce accidentally ran into Peter. Instead of flinching or being afraid, Peter simply helped Bruce pick up the papers that had been knocked out of his hand. Bruce smiled at Peter. He was relieved to notice that Peter trusted them now. Maybe everything would work out after all.

Please comment and leave feedback. Thank you!