Cancer (alternate plot)

Peter didn't know what to do after he found out he had cancer. He wished this could be just a mid-life crisis so he could live to be thirty. He wished he could go back and do certain things over again. He knew for a fact that he would never give up the gift he had been given to help the world and those who inhabited it. He wanted to be the difference but he didn't know if he'd have the time. 

Life was such a trivial thing before when he knew he'd have the time to do so many things. Now life was a precious chance that he would struggle to obtain. So as he stood at the podium speaking to thousands of people he wasn't afraid anymore.

"I am in a loathsome, never-ending battle with cancer. I will win because I cannot afford to lose. I should never and will never give cancer the right to say it beat me. If I die it shall be fighting like I've never fought before and it will not be the end. I will guarantee you that something will be done about this evil that is spreading through our society like a weed that cannot be pulled. I will guarantee that the children who have fought and lost will not have done so in vain. We will use past and current research paired with Stark Industries' matchless technology to find the cure. The next generation won't have to be afraid of this evil. I have fought the dark and I will do my best to make sure more people won't have to." Peter paused as he tried not to cry. "I spent a lot of my time in hospitals with chemotherapy. I met children from the age of less than six months all the way up to seventeen or eighteen. They all helped me mold my story into a new one. I was lost and felt hopeless like I would never do anything again, but the children who came before me all encouraged me to stand and keep going. They wanted to fight the war with them, and fight the war I will. People will never understand until they've had to go through it or watch a loved one go through it. I am fighting in a war that is not for myself. It is for all of us in this world who fight against this injustice. It is for life. Cancer should be scared. " He walked off the stage waving, he sobbed so heavily you could hear him over the cheers. 

Please comment and leave feedback. 

Requests: