The One With Emily's Memories

The world was dark for the Radkova witch for what felt like days before she finally found herself waking up. Emily was instantly confused when she found herself on the ground in the middle of nowhere. Emily released a small groan as she slowly pushed herself up from the dead grass before she puzzledly looked around her surroundings. Emily furrowed her brows when she realized that she didn't even know where she was nor did she know how she got here.

"Hello?" The Gilbert girl loudly called out to anyone that would hear her as she began to walk across the empty field. Emily only had the chance to take a few steps forward before she suddenly heard a loud swooshing of a vampire coming her way before Emily felt arms wrap tightly around her body. Emily panicked at first but when she smelt her boyfriend's familiar woody scent, she instantly relaxed her limbs.

"Thank God I found you," Stefan murmured into his girlfriend's blonde hair as he squeezed her into his body. Stefan, when he had woken up in this place, found himself at the Salvatore boarding house all alone. He had searched all over Mystic Falls for the human girl for over three hours before this was his last stop and he, thankfully, found his girlfriend.

Meanwhile as Stefan was feeling relief, the Gilbert girl was still confused. "What's... What's going on?" Emily puzzledly inquired after she pushed herself out of Stefan's arms and looked into her boyfriend's green eyes. Emily glanced around their surroundings with her brows pulled together as she questioned, "where are we? Why did I wake up in the middle of nowhere?"

The Salvatore vampire released a heavy sigh when he realized that Emily didn't recognize the location - which meant that Emily also didn't know that the sacrifice had already taken place and everything that happened after it. "This... This is Steven's Quarry," Stefan gently began as he linked his fingers with his girlfriend's warmer ones. He let that information sink in before he cautiously told Emily, "and this where the sacrifice was taken."

If it was even possible, Emily's brows furrowed even further as she grew even more puzzled. "Was taken?" The Gilbert girl slowly repeated her boyfriend's words before she inquired for clarification, "you mean the sacrifice has already happened?"

Emily couldn't even wait for the Salvatore vampire's answer as she shook her head before she mumbled as she closed her green eyes in confusion, "why can't I remember?" The Gilbert girl quickly looked back up at her boyfriend before she interrogated as she tried to understand what has happened, "where's Elena? Did Elijah kill Klaus? He's gone, right?"

Stefan released a heavy deep breath as stared across at his girlfriend with sadness throughout his green irises as he knew he had to tell the Gilbert girl the truth about what went on at this location. "Something... something happened after the sacrifice when you turned into the Radkova witch," the Salvatore vampire gently began to explain, "you were overcome by so much grief and sadness that you ended up turning off your emotions."

The only thing that would stick in Emily's mind from her boyfriend's explanation was that one single word - grief. Emily felt so much dread from that five letter word. The Gilbert girl was usually right when she had that bad feeling, so she knew something horrible did happen. "Is... Is Lena gone?" Emily cautiously asked as she was afraid of her boyfriend's answer.

Stefan stared across at his girlfriend with tears clouding his green eyes as he silently nodded his head. "She didn't make it," the Salvatore vampire whispered.

Emily's green eyes were also instantly filled with tears as she heard those dreaded words that she never wanted to hear when it had to deal with her twin sister. Emily couldn't control the sobs that started to escape from her throat as she let those words settle in. "What's happening?" The Gilbert girl cried as her whole body shook before she quickly asked as she began to panic, "why can't I remember what happened here? Why can't I remember my own sister dying?"