CHAPTER 10

It was barely six o'clock in the morning when Emily woke up next to her sister

It was barely six o'clock in the morning when Emily woke up next to her sister. She couldn't sleep knowing what was actually out there in the small town. As soon as Elena was awake, the two girls were ready to get the answers that they deserved. If they were going to be involved in this, they should know everything there is to know about vampires. So Emily called Stefan, since Elena was still frightened by the younger Salvatore, and arranged a meeting at Mystic Grill.

As the two Gilbert sisters sat across from Stefan at a small table outside of the Grill, Elena quickly spoke, "you said you would explain everything."

Emily nodded her head as she looked at Stefan and stated, "that's why I called you. We want to know the truth."

Once Stefan nodded his head, Elena continued, "when you Google 'vampire' you get a world of fiction. What's the reality?"

"I can tell you whatever you want to know," Stefan stated.

Elena glanced over at her sister before she turned back Stefan and spoke, "I know you eat garlic."

"Yes," Stefan nodded.

"And somehow, sunlight's not an issue," Elena continued.

"Hi, here are your drinks," a waitress spoke as she placed down three coffee cups.

"Thank you," Emily smiled politely.

Once the waitress was out of hearing range, Stefan responded, "we have rings to protect us." Emily looked down at the large ring that was hanging on Stefan's finger. It makes sense, Damon has almost the same one.

"Crucifixes?" Elena asked.

"Decorative," Stefan answered.

"Holy water?" Elena continued.

Stefan shrugged," drinkable."

"Mirrors?" Elena questioned.

"Myth," Stefan answered.

"You said you don't kill to survive," Emily stated. She wanted to know the important answers that could cause harm to her family.

Stefan nodded his head, "animal blood keeps me alive, but not as strong as Damon. He can be very powerful."

Emily looked up at Stefan in disgust and anger, "and you let him be involved with Caroline?"

"Forcing Damon not to do something is much more dangerous, believe me," Stefan tried to explain.

"He was hurting her!" Emily yelled out in anger. What Damon was doing to her best friend, would never be okay in Emily's book.

"He was feeding on her," Stefan corrected the green eyed girl. "He was able to take away her memories of being bitten, using a form of mind compulsion. She never knew what was happening to her. If he wanted to kill her, he would have," he explained.